Persistent Crooked Tip After Surgery? (photo)

I had surgery 6 years ago only because I could not breathe out of my right nostril, was very happy with my nose till then and a while after but with time the tip of my nose bent to the right, it's been 3 weeks since I had surgery to correct this but it looks to me as if the problem has been undercorrected. Should I worry that I'll have to go trough surgery again or is it uneven swelling? Pictures were taken under the same light source for better comparison. Thanks for your advice.

Nasal correction at 3 weeks

+2

It looks like your nose is significantly improved. Remember you can not get a nose perfectly straight.  It will take a while for the swelling to go down.

3 Weeks after Correcting a Crooked Nose

+2

The nose looks much better than before and may improve as the swelling resolves.  It is rare that a nose is completely straight after correction, particularly the cartilaginous portion.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Crooked tip following surgery

+1

Swelling will still be a factor in the appearance of your nose 3 weeks after rhinoplasty. The swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. it can take 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. I would recommend giving it a bit of time and seeing how you continue to heal. In the meantime, your surgeon should be able to address any post-operative concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.