Persistant Rhinoplasty Swelling?

I had open septo-rhinoplasty a year & a month ago,& I have medium skin thickness.Still lots of tip swelling& the tip is very firm.There are only tiny changes to nose shape around once a fornight,& it is still so bulbous.My question: are there any medications (or over the counter drugs) to permanently help scar tissue & swelling? or that help skin / internal tissues to heal after surgery? I am getting married in 1 month, so I am a bit desparate, but realistic about results.Thank U so much!

Nose swelling post op

The nasal tip is notorius for swelling for 1-2 years post op. The swelling could represent a small infection or problem with a suture that won't come out. I would try a steroid injection as this may help and have minimal downtime.

Persistent Rhinoplasty Swelling?

Some patients can have tip swelling that can last for longer than a year.  If you are getting married in 1 month, the safest thing to do at this point is not to have any intervention performed.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nasal tip swelling

Usually by about a year the tip swelling goes down. For some this can take longer.  Since your wedding is a month away,  I would avoid doing any type of procedure at this point.