Are Perouse Sillicone Gel Implants Good?

My sister had silicone gel breast implants few years ago, made by Perouse. They look really nice and natural. I want to have mine done, but just want to know what make is the best? After how long you need to change them?

Silicone Breast Implants

+2
There is no time limit.  I have seen implants last as long ast 25-30 years without rupture.  So, it all just depends.  If there is no problem with them then there is no need to change them out.
Good luck.

No time limit for implants

+1

Edita,

Breast implants have an average lifespan of 10-15 years.  However, even if they exceed that age and are causing no problems they can be left in place.  Perouse implants are not available in the United States, but you may have access to them in the UK.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Perouse implants

+1

While Perouse implants are not available in the United States, there is no set time to have your implants replaced.  Patients seem to have a "ten year" window in their heads. However, if the implants are soft and look good, I do not recommend changing them unless there is a problem with them. 

Perouse is now owned by Mentor

+1

I use silicone gel breast implants manufactured by Allergan (Natrelle) or Mentor Corp. It appears that Perouse is a European manufacturer that is now owned by Mentor. The implants that she has may in fact be Mentor's cohesive gel silicone implants re-marketed in the UK or Europe as Perouse. If you are in the US I would recommend that you use either the FDA approved silicone implants from Allergan or Mentor.

Robert Vitolo, MD