How Can I Permanently Get Rid of Belly Fat, Love Handles & flanks? Is Lipo Most Effective or Laser?

What is the most effective treatment to get rid of love handles belly and flanks, I have a skinny body everywhere else except that area needs a little help and working out is just not doing it for me, I know theres several types of liposuction as well as different lasers, because theres so many I just cant decide which one to choose. Please tell me what you think is most effective and how long would it last if I stay at my body weight, could it be permanent?

Getting rid of belly fat!

+2

in most cases traditional liposuction, if you have a large amount of fat, is the best way to go. If you have a small amount of fat than the laser liposuction may be the answer but it may take more than 2 to 3 times to accomplish the goal.

Permanent Removal of Belly Fat

+1

It’s very difficult to definitively answer your question without seeing you, or at the very least seeing a photo; however, I use a combination of tumescent, ultrasonic and laser liposuction, and it very much depends on location of the fat etc. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Belly Fat and Love Handles

+1

If you have good elasticity of your skin and localized fat accumulation, then liposuction is what you need. Instead of worrying about picking a method of liposuction, you should concentrate of picking a surgeon with significant experience in liposuction and that will discuss your specific desires. Consider that many of the physicians doing liposuction these days have minimal training. The specific method should be left up to that surgeon, since all liposuction methods in skilled hands will produce excellent results.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

The BEST Liposuction method for me

+1

Liposuction achieves its best results when employed by an experienced board certified Plastic surgeon on the right person - a healthy, non-obese person with healthy skin and realistic expectations. It is not a replacement for a tummy tuck (where skin needs to be removed and the muscles need to be tightened to get a tight tummy) nor is it a replacement for eating properly and exercising. 

Do not fall for external lasers, for internal lasers or laser liposuction, for a variety of rollers, belts or creams. They do not work. The best liposuction is the one your chosen Plastic surgeons feels gives him the edge and best result.

good Luck

Peter A Aldea, MD

Memphis, TN

PERMANENT REMOVING FAT FROM TROUBLE AREAS

+1

Hi and thanks for your question!

Liposuction will permanently remove the fat from your belly and other areas, this is the way to go! Please remember, that you can regain the fat in those areas-stay healthy with exercise at least 3 times a week and a nutritious diet, and you will be thrilled with the longterm improvement in your figure with liposuction! 

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Smartest liposuction is done by a good surgeon and for the right reasons

+1

Forget lasers for liposuction - while they may be helpful in some circumstances, it is the skill of the surgeon that makes the difference because liposuction is surgery. Lasers do not make the procedure safer or more effective.

Richard Baxter, MD

Skill and judgment surpasses any liposuction machine

+1

If you are at your ideal weight and have inherited fat pockets you are the ideal candidate for liposuction, and yes, it is permanent. The type of liposuction is not as important as the skill and judgement the surgeon puts into the work. You can get dents with any system, laser, tickle, ultrasound, water, tumescent. If you focus on the surgeon rather than the system being marketed you should have the best chance at a great result.

Permanently Get Rid of Belly Fat, Love Handles

+1

Your answer is go for Liposuction.Its permanent.Be figure conscious after Lipo and do your regular gym and exercise.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

How to permanently get rid of fat

+1

Thank you for your question. Liposuction remains the gold standard treatment  of fat in those resistant areas that you described. Whether it is standard suction assisted, ultrasound or power assisted liposuction, it will give you definitive results and are likely to be permanent unless you gain weight or get pregnant.

When it comes to the newer external devices; the results are not as dramatic as surgery, you will need repeated sessions. The advantages are less pain, less downtime, no bruising, and convenience. 

My advice for you is to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Address all these questions with him/her during the consultation and then decide.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD