Permanent Worry Lines. Will Botox Help This?

Will botox make my permanent worry lines dissapear?

+2

It depends where these "worry lines" are.  If they are the frown lines, then they will usually help.  If they have been there for a long time, fillers may be necessary as well.  The best thing to do is see a qualified physician to assess your condition and offer a solution.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

DoesBotox help for permanent wrinkles ?

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

In regards to your question, there are two classifications of wrinkles or rhytids. Dynamic rhytids, which are present when you animate, and static rhytids, which are present all the time.  Botox Cosmetic, Dysport, and similar chemodenervation products work best on managing and ameliorating dynamic rhytids. The use of chemodenervation products on static rhytids will have some effect, in that the progression of the rhytid may be slowed by its use secondary to inhibited animation, but the baseline wrinkle will likely not improve. To do so will require further measures to be used in combination with the Botox,  such as skin resurfacing and injectable fillers, in some cases.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Botox and Juvederm for Worry Lines

+1

It will help with worry lines and certainly keep them from getting worse over time. Probably won't completely remove them and you may also need some filler work i.e. juvederm.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is FDA approved for "worry lines"

+1

Botox cosmetic is not only an excellent treatment for worry lines, that's what it is FDA approved for.  Botox relaxes the corrugator and procerus muscles (the ones that pull your eyebrows together and down) which cause what are described as the "11s" between your eyebrows.  Treatments generally last 3-4 months. 

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Botox for permanent worry lines

+1

By "worry lines" I assume you mean "frown lines" or "elevens" which are located between the eyebrows due to repetitive contraction of a muscle called the corrugator muscle.   Botox can significantly improve if not eliminate these wrinkles.   In patients with very deep "worry lines" Botox alone may not be enough to completely eliminate them.   You may also need injection of a filler like Juvederm, Restylane or Radiesse following Botox to completely eliminate deep wrinkles.  

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for permanent worry lines

+1
There are two categories of wrinkles:  "dynamic" wrinkles - ones that happen when you make the muscles activate; and "static" wrinkles - ones that are there all the time, even when your face is relaxed.
It sounds like you have some static wrinkles.  These usually need some sort of filler (or surgery) to improve them.  Botox, by itself, would only block the muscle contraction effect....so they wouldn't get worse with facial expressions - which is only a partial fix.

Thomas Fiala, MD

+1

Regarding: "Permanent Worry Lines. Will Botox Help This?  Will botox make my permanent worry lines dissapear?"

I am assuming you are referring to the horizontal forehead lines. Botox weakens the muscles it is placed in. The effect lasts 3 to 5 months (depending on the dose, the way it was placed and the thickness of the muscles). If the wrinkles are not present at rest, they will be largely smoothed away. If on the other hand the wrinkles are permanent and are present at rest, they will be smoothed somewhat but you would require filler, such as Restylane, placed in the wrinkle to elevate it.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Permanent lines and Botox

+1

Generally the lines you see absent of motion are improved with Botox, but not completely resolved. It will definetly keep surrounding lines from getting worse. I have to laugh at the physician who used the same example that I use daily about wrinkles in smoothed out paper--they are improved, but always present. Botox is a fantastic product, I have personally used it for years and strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to appear fresher and less angry. (and we all want that!!)

Thomas B. Lintner, MD, FACS

Botox for Permanent Worry Lines

+1

Botox is used cosmetically to relax or paralyze muscles of the face that cause wrinkles, usually on the upper 1/3 of the face.  If the lines are present even without the muscle contracting, Botox may lead to some improvement, but it will mainly stop the wrinkles or lines from worsening.  Other methods could be used to correct the remaining lines after Botox has been used.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD
Frisco Dermatologist

Will Botox keep you from wearing your worries on your face?

+1

No more worries...or worry lines anyway....if you are referring to the deep lines that can form between the brows from worrying or scowling, then Botox can surely help improve and relax these lines but it may not eliminate them.  Think of the skin like paper and if you repeatedly fold or bend it, it will get creased and we can't un-crease it.  For maximum improvement, some of our patients need some additional help with fillers and possibly even laser procedures to help buff out those etched in lines. 

Grant Stevens, MD