Permanent Non Surgical Nose Job?

I have heard of silicon-1000 being permanent but the before and after pictures I've seen say they were taken following the patients second treatment, how long do you have to wait between treatments? I have not found a doctor in my state who does non surgical nose jobs so i would have to travel. Could it all be done in one visit to another state? Or days after? Also I know chin implants go along with rhinoplasty, are there non surgical chin implants? & are those done with permanent fillers too?

Semipermanent Volumizers Work Well For Nonsurgical Nose Jobs and Chin Augmentation

+1

I admit that it seems intuitively reasonable and enticing that permanent, synthetic filling materials--not subject to metabolic breakdown and removal by the body's natural processes--would be preferable to natural materials that are less long-lasting and are broken down gradually by the body. However, in my opinion, it is precisely their foreign nature and their permanence (their resistance to metabolic degradation) that is their greatest downside.

There are currently three major types of permanent filling agents employed throughout the world, silicone, Bioalkamid, and Artefill. Only the latter is orfficially approved for aesthetic use in the U.S., although silicone, intended for other medical uses, is used for off-label filler injections. I personally do not use any of these products, either in my Upper East practice in Manhattan or in my Israel practice (where Bioalcamid is approved for use in filling). I last used silicone in 1982 before the FDA-approval of injectable collagen (Zyderm).

Once an FDA-approved natural and biodegradable product was available I could no longer justify the injection of any synthetic, entirely foreign, non-natural material, such as silicone (or any ofthers mentioned) that cannot be handled by the body's natural metabolic processes and cannot be removed, in some cases even by surgery, should anything go wrong at the time of treatment or later down the road. For some of these products, granuloma formation (deep bumps) may take place even many years after the material is injected and may prove resistant to treatment. 

Fortunately, we have semipermanent filling agents and volumizers, such as Radiesse (a calcium-based material) and Perlane L and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC (hyaluronic acid-based injectables), which may be used alone or in combination, that can give satisfactory and durable results, while still providing the safety valve of natural biodegradability. In Israel, other semipermanent hyaluronic acid agents, wtth greater lift and durability (e.g. Stylage XXL,  Voluma, and Restylane SubQ) are approved and offer efficacy and safety for nonsurgical nose jobs and chin augmentation.

The use of semipermanent agents allows for making changes down the road in accordance with the inevitable anatomic alterations that occur with aging of the nose and chin (i.e. loss of cartilage and bone, respectively). Such aging changes will inevitably affect a nose or chin treated with permanent fillers--likely necessitating further injections as time goes on. So, if injections will be needed in the future anyway, regardless of the material injected, I question the logic for the use of permanent materials, when we have excellent, safe and regulatory agency approved, semipermanent volumizers. We go to the dentist and GPs once a year and visit our dental hygienist twice yearly. Getting a semipermanent filler touch up injection of the nose or chin with the same frequency, or less in many cases, hardly seems onerous by comparison and certainly outweighs by far in my mind the inherent risks of using foreign, synthetic filling agents for these aesthetic purposes.

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures.

+1

I would be happy to offer specific comments on your suitability for nasal Silikon-1000 injections if you would post a photo.

Silicone nasal injections are useful in my practice for filling indentations, raising a low nasal bridge, lowering nostril margins, and widening a pinched, narrow tip. Most patients require 1-3 treatments spaced at monthly intervals, or longer.

I have also had good success with non-surgical chin augmentation with Silikon-1000.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon