Can I Have Rhinoplasty After a Permanent Non Surgical Nose Job?

Ive got a non surgical nose job done and its permanent one. The doctor told me its similar to botox.. and im now feel like going to real surgery (rhinoplasty). can it still be done? thanks

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Not a smart decision.

+1

Permanent non surgical nose jobs should be strictly avoided!  It is a bad decision by you and your doctor.  Permanent fillers do not belong in the nose.

You can undergo a true rhinoplasty but the filler you had injected makes the surgery  more difficult.  Make sure you choose a good doctor this time. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after permanent non surgical nose job

+1

Yes, you can have a rhinoplasty after the nonsurgical nose job, however, it is extremely important to let the surgeon know what type of implant material you had placed, the amount and location.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Non surgical rhinoplasty material would likely be removed

+1

In most cases revision rhinoplasty can be performed after filler materials are injected into the nose. The material would likely need to be removed at the time of surgery. I assume that your goal initially was to augment your nose? Augmentation rhinoplasty (is a safe and permanent option that many patients consider. I would suggest a consult with a Rhinoplasty specialist in your area. You can find out more about augmentation rhinoplasty by following the link below.

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/knowledge-base/cosmetic-surgery-options/nose/augmentation-rhinoplasty/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job (rhinoplasty) after non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

There are several products now available that are considered "permanent" fillers. None are FDA approved for injection specifically into the nose and the results are somewhat limited and the reports anectdotal. A traditional rhinoplasty is possible following a permanent filler. However complications are possible and should be reviewed with your treating surgeon.

Rhinoplast after Permanent Non-Surgical Nose Job

+1

What filler was injected for the non-surgical nose job? Botox, which used to temporarily interrupt muscle contraction, would not be used in a non-surgical rhinoplasty.  You can have nasal surgery, but find out what was used before consultation with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty surgery.

Proceed Rhinoplasty Cautiously After a Non Surgical Nose Job

+1

Rhinoplasty after a non surgical nose job can be performed, but one should seek some one who does many of these since they are considered revisional rhinoplasty.

Some longer lasting fillers, such as Radiesse or Artefill, can last much longer on the nose than others.  Furthermore, some of these fillers may initiate inflammatory reactions so that fillers now become fixated to the skin, making the skin much thinner and thus surgery more challenging to perform.

In my experience,

1.  Wait 3-6 months after an injection between rhinoplasty is done.  The waiting time allows the fillers to dissipate and observe any skin changes from the fillers.

2.  Remove the filler material at time of surgery.  This needs to be done conservatively, as all the material may not be able to be removed.

3.  Replace skin thickeness with dermal grafts such as Alloderm if neceesary.  Thin skin does not produce adequte draping, and thus skin rethickening is important for rhinoplasty.

4.  Consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon who does plenty of revision noses.

A Rhinoplasty CAN usually be performed after most non-surgical nose jobs

+1

A non-surgical nose job is the placement of a filler over the bridge of the nose to give the appearance of a straight bridge or cover imperfections. Under most circumstances, it does not preclude you from having a Rhinoplasty to permanently correct the same areas.

Non-surgical or surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Not sure what you mean by the Botox reference (Botox is temporary and is not used for rhinoplasty).

The short but imprecise answer to your question, though, is: probably.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon