Permanent Spider Vein Removal?

Is there any permanent effective treatment for spider veins on lower leg area? My parents both have these.

Sclerotherapy or Laser for Spider Veins of the legs

In our practice > 95% of patients undergo sclerotherapy for spider veins in the legs. 

In some cases, long pulse Nd YAG lasers are used.

See a certified vein specialist. 

Permanent Spider Vein Removal

Sclerotherapy is still the gold standard for spider veins. If the blood vessels are large enough to inject (sclerotherapy) with a sclerosing agent, that would be my choice. Some people, understandably, simply do not like the idea of injections so laser is also an option. The Nd:YAG 1064 long pulse laser is one of the better laser treatments for spider veins.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Spider veins of legs

This can be a very time consuming treatment with a laser, requiring multiple sessions.  Some vessels will go away completely but you may continue to make new vessels (telangiectasias). Overall you should see some improvement with a dye laser or a YAG laser. Injection with a sclerosing agent can also help

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon