Is There a Permanent Solution for Extreme Bunny Lines?

I think bunny lines are cute. But my nose is on the large size and the muscles on my nose seem to be the strongest muscles I own. When I laugh the whole shape of my nose changes and the muscles produce thick lines and distort my whole nose.

I've had botox in the nose with great success, but it only lasts 8-10 weeks and is too expensive for me to that often. Is there a permanent solution? I hope this is not a silly question, but can the alaeque nasi be cut?

Botox for bunny lines

+1

In my opinion, Botox remains the best treatment for "bunny lines." The permanent treatment for muscle movement in this area is cutting or thinning the muscle surgically and this could result in a drastic change in the appearance of your nose that would have to be addressed. It might not be a risk worth taking. That being said, consulting with a great pastic surgeon will help you determine the option best for you.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Bunny lines

+1

Botox should last 4 to 6 months, not a few weeks.

The lines are cause by muscles under the skin of the nose.  You may be able to find a surgeon who could weaken those muscles for you surgically.

Botulinum toxin for bunny lin es

+1

Portions of the alaeque nasii muscle go to the upper lip and if significantly weakened could produce weakness of the upper lip and contribute to a "long upper lip" In fact we inject this muscle for patients who complain of "gummy smiless"

Extreme bunny lines

+1

I would like to see EXTREME BUNNY LINES that Botox (Dysport) can not improve??? Need a photo. Surgery to cut the muscular fibers of the procerus and the nasi is an option but it has a risk/benefit so be careful what you ask for.

From MIAMI

Bunny Lines Solution

+1

The so called Bunny Lines are the transverse creases in the bridge of the nose skin caused by the contraction of the underlying Procerus muscle (not the Levator alaeque nasi muscle).

The muscle can be largely interrupted by grasping and pulling it out from bilateral upper lid incisions, Forehead lift incision and Rhinoplasty incisions but doing so in many cases results in depressions and on occasion abnormal attachment of the cut muscle ends with skin dimpling. The best solution remains Botox or Dysport.

Bunny lines

+1

Bunny lines around the nose like you said can be treated with Botox. A more permanent solution is usually cutting the muscles, often through a browlift incision.

Botox and Dysport for Bunny Lines....What's Up Doc?

+1

Hi Toppa,

Botox or Dysport are the best solutions for "bunny lines" on the nose. You should make sure that you keep the muscles from regaining movement for at least 2 years (repeat injections at first hint of movement). If you are able to keep the muscles quiet for this time, they will weaken to the point where you will not need the injections very often.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

I agree that bunny lines are cute

+1

Bunny lines are cute. So, if you believe they are as well, why get rid of them permanently?  As far as I know, no one has yet described a procedure to remove the muscles that cause bunny lines (probably combined action of nasalis and alaeque nasi), but that doesn't mean there isn't someone out there doing it. Good luck!

There is no permanent solution for bunny lines.

+1

Cutting the muscle would possibly create a problem worse than the bunny lines, i.e., irregularities, dents or bumps, etc. Botox will take care of this but needs to be done every 3-4 months.

Permanent solution for bunny lines

+1

A permanent solution for bunny lines on the nose would be to surgically weaken the muscles by cutting or thinning them. This could be performed during a rhinoplasty or other nasal surgery. Be sure to ask whether or not this is a procedure the plastic surgeon performs prior to scheduling a consultation appointment.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com