Permanent Lip swelling from Laser Hair Removal?

I'm a male with thick, dark, coarse hair on my upper lip. I've had two laser hair removal treatments. The last treatment removed about 80% of the hair on my upper lip. Ever since that treatment I've noticed a difference in appearance of my upper lip (its been many weeks). The middle part of my lip is more full and it just seems more prominent and thick than it used to be. I'm wondering if that is a possible side effect of removing dense hair on my upper lip with laser hair removal?

+1

This is a very uncommon effect after laser hair removal, I agree that you should consult with a Dermatologist to further evaluate you

Laser Hair Removal of the Upper Lip

+1

I have never heard of permanent lip swelling from LHR. Once the hair has been removed the skin does appear smoother and may even have a shiny look which may seem like your lip is fuller? The best advice is to see your dermatologist or skincare specialist.

Reza Sadrian, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon