Can permanent lip swelling be fixed?

About 8 years ago I felt a cold sore on the corner of my bottom lip. Since I never had one before I popped it. I realized my mistake when that half of my lip began to swell. Few mins later the other half swelled too. I went ahead and purchased Blistex but it didn't seem to do anything. I'm getting tired of my bottom lip being twice it's normal size and it's embarrassing. Is there anything that can be done now to make it go back to normal even though this happened 8 years ago?

Lip Reduction

+1
A larger lip can be reduced by lip reduction surgery.
First, you have to be seen by a plastic surgeon. He/She will examine you and advise the treatment.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon