Can Permanent Lip Liner Be Removed?

Can permanent lip liner be removed? I'm desperate to remove it but I'm not sure of how to go about it.

Lip liner, tattoo removal

+2

I have treated multiple cases of tattoo lip liner and eyeliner. I like Q-switched Nd: Yag laser or Q switched ruby to help removing black ink tattoo. There is a risk for hyper/hypo pigmentation. It is necessary that corneal shields (glasses) or a metal shield specific be utilized during the treatment.

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/laser/laser_tattoo.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Permanent lip liner removal with Q-switched Nd:Yag laser

+1

Q-switched lasers can minimize permanent lip liner with multiple treatments. Lutronic Spectra laser is the best tattoo laser available in the market. There may be risks of post-treatment hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation. Ink pigments are then broken apart by the laser energy and taken up by scavenger cells of the immune system. Test treatment must be done in case zinc oxide is used as the affected area may turn darker after laser treatment.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Laser_Surgery.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Permanent lip liner removal

+1

Permanent tattoo can be effectively reduced with laser therapy. The Q-switched alexandrite, Nd:YAG, and ruby lasers are effective in removing tattoos. It is important to understand that this may require several treatments to see significant lightening of the pigment. The treatment is often performing after applying a topical anesthetic or numbing cream as it is quite painful. There is however, a risk of paradoxical darkening after tattoo removal with these lasers which may necessitate further treatment with lasers should this unfortunate complication occur.