Permanent Lip Fullness

what could i go for to have my lip permanently fuller? lip implants ? if so ,which are the best lip implants ?

Options for lip fullness

+1

You can choose either a lip implant or a surgical lip lift.

If you choose a "permanent" implant, there are numerous substances that I commonly use as a graft or implant material in the lips. Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages.

• AlloDerm is a popular human-donor grafting material that is FDA approved and proven safe in lip augmentation and facial reconstruction. Under a local anesthesia, the material is inserted through tiny incisions made in the inside corners of the mouth. Delicate absorbable stitches that dissolve are used. The material is often absorbed, so that the results are only temporary, lasting from 12-18 months. This procedure takes about 15 minutes in the office under local anesthesia.
  • Advanta and Gore-Tex have been shown to produce reliable and predictable results with few complications. These materials do not shrink and are never absorbed into the body making the procedure permanent. It also remains in place because scar tissue forms on both ends holding it in place. To insert Advanta and Gore-Tex, a small incision is made in the inside of the lip. The material is then made into the shape of a small tube and it is inserted with a needle.
  • Fat grafting produces lasting results in most of the people who try it. Although it is possible that the body will reabsorb it, many people choose fat grafting because they are most comfortable with using the fat from their own body to enhance their lips. The fat is harvested from another area of the body, often the abdomen. It is then prepared and inserted with a needle into the lip from more than one point.
  • SurgiSil is new to the market but promises a safe, definitive solution for permanent tissue augmentation.Surgisil is a patented, FDA approved device designed for tissue augmentation of the lips and has undergone extensive clinical testing to ensure its safety and efficacy. It is made of a soft, solid silicone elastomer using an injection molding process to produce a naturally contoured implant with a smooth, non-porous surface. The implant cannot rupture or deflate, and may be removed at any time. I have see great results with this product.

If you opt for Lip Augmentation through a Surgical Solution, you will certainly have a permanent result.

• Surgical enhancement of the lips provides a permanent alternative to injections and implants.
  • Surgical enhancement usually takes less than one hour to perform in office under local anesthesia.
  • Careful and fine incisions are created to shape the lips into their desired shape and form.
  • Direct Lip Lifting creates a fuller upper and/or lower lip with imperceptible incisions. This precise procedure allows the patient to state just how full you want your lip and that is where I can place the new lip line.
  • As the lip ages, the corner of the mouth tends to droop. Other procedures such as the Corner of the Lip Lift enable the lip to be reshaped so that the frown can be improved and a youthful upturned lip can be achieved.
  • Local flaps bring material from inside the mouth outside to enhance the lips. Results are permanent. An incision may be made inside the mouth to push the tissue inside the mouth upward, and outward, into the lip, sometimes in conjunction with grafting. Or, an incision may be along the upper lip line. In this case, skin above the lip is removed, and the lip is then stitched along the line of the incision.

Being specific with the result that you are hoping for and consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon to determine what technique will be best for you.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Clevens

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/lip_enhancements.htm

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone lip implants

+1

I think a silicone lip implant is the best option available for permanent lip augmentation.  Some patients see permanency using fat grafting to the lips, but in many cases, the fat gets reabsorbed.  Gore-Tex is another option that offers permanent augmentation, but is not as effective and natural as silicone implants.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/index.php

Permanent Lip Fullness and Lip Augmentation

+1

I think there are two excellent choices for Permanent Lip Fullness and Augmentation.  I like injectable Silikon 1000 and I also like the Perma Facial Implant.  I have had VERY satisfied patients with both of these procedures.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Alloderm is the best Lip Implant for Lip Augmentation

+1

I have used many different materials, over the past 20 years plus for Lip Augmentation and wrote a scientific paper comparing many of these techniques and lip implants.  IMHO, Alloderm is the gold standard and remains the best Lip Implant material.  Goretex has a bad habit of getting infected years later for no apparent reason, so I quit using these Lip Implants about 15 years ago.  The silastic, solid silicone, lip implants are good but are to stiff to be placed just beneath the red portion of the lip and must be placed within the lip muscle itself.  This means that some of the augmentation is lost, on the inside of the mouth, where it's not visible.  Alloderm is soft, supple and can be placed in the front of the lips just beneath the red portion for full augmentation.  I have used it many times for over 15 years and still think it's the best material for Lip Augmentation.  It last about 7 years after which, it would need to be replaced.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

HWhat gives you permanent lip fullness.

+1

There are definitely implant materials that can give you permanent lip fullness. These include silicone implants, Gore-Tex implants that will give permanent lip augmentations. You also have to know that any permanent implant has a higher risk of complications including infection, extrusion and deformity. I will not get silicone injections because this is not reversible at all and complications can be catastrophic. 

Web reference: http://www.BetterPlasticSurgery.com

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for permanent, natural-looking, Lip Augmentation.

+1

Silikon-1000 is a permanent, off-label filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. My experience with Silikon-1000 for permanent, natural-looking lip augmentation has been excellent. Several treatments (1-3) are typically necessary to obtain a desired result, and in my practice, problems are infrequent. Tell your doctor if you have a history of frequent cold-sores or herpes-infections on your lips: you may need to be pre-treated with valcyclovir (Valtrex).

You must find a reputable dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the serial puncture, micro-droplet technique. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using Silikon-1000 in an off-label fashion to enhance your lips. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful results before you pick your doctor and proceed.

In my practice, Silikon-1000 is safe for permanent Lip Augmentation, and leads to completely natural-looking, smooth lips. In just about everyone, patient satisfaction is very high.

I've attached a link to an interview I did for the Lip Augmentation Forum here at RealSelf.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from West Orange, NJ 

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/forum/silikon-1000-lip-augmentation

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon