Permanent Indentation from Glasses After Rhinoplasty?

So I understand that you are not to regularly wear glasses after rhinoplasty for at least 4 weeks. I am 2.5 weeks and literally had them on for less than a minute searching for my contacts this morning. I was holding them up off my nose, but as I was taking them off I accidently tapped the right side of my nose with the nose pad. It wasn't that hard, but hard enough to hurt (still doesn't take much at this point) AND leave a slight indentation. Could this be permanent? Thank you for your time.

Permanent Indentation after Rhinoplasty

+2

It is extremely unlikely you did any harm. Avoid future pressure on your nose for another month by suspending your glasses from the forehead with tape. Call your surgeon re your concerns.

Indentation after rhinoplasty.

+2

It is unlikely that you did any harm. The nose is still swollen and the dent will go away. Tape your glasses to your forehead to prevent this.

One bump shouldn't cause permanenet harm

+2

One bump shouldn't't cause permanent harm from what you described . Persistent pressure of eyeglass pads  on the healing nose is to be avoided.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dent in nose after rhinoplasty

+1

You should let your doctor know.  You may have shifted the bone out of place, and is so, and uncorrected, it will be permanent.  Only exam can tell.

Scott E. Kasden, MD