Can Permanent Fillers Be Used to Camouflage the Hump on my Nose? (photo)

Can permanent fillers be used to mask the hump on my nose? if so, what will be the name of the filler and how much will it cost? How long will the procedure take & what will they being doing? what are the risks? i am trying to avoid people to notice i have had this done. Will there be a big diffrence? i am only trying to hide my dorsal hump, nothing else! please answer my questions. I am very unsatisfyed of the appearance of my nose. i have to do something about it.

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty Can Help Camouflage A Bump On The Nose.

+1

Depending on how low the root of the nose is and how low the tip of the nose is, it is possible that non-surgical rhinoplasty (also known as "injection rhinoplasty"), or using a filler may be successful. 

The best way to know is trying the saline demonstration test in which a sterile saline is injected into the nose to immediately show the results of what the permanent filler added to your nose will look like.

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

After reviewing your photo and concerns, you may be a better candidate for rhinoplasty rather than non-invasive rhinoplasty. Fillers are generally used to mask small imperfections on a persons nose. While it is still possible to achieve the look that you're after, it will be much harder to do with injectables through non-surgical rhinoplasty.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

You appear to be a better candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery than Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your profile photo:

Your hump may be a bit too large to adequately camouflage with fillers. My personal experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. In my experience, you may see improvement, but a perfectly straight profile may not be feasible.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for a Dorsal Hump

+1

You are absolutely a candidate for a non-surgical nose job. Though it may seem counterintuitive, adding volume above and below the hump can make the entire nose seem smaller. We use Radiesse, a calcium hydroxyapatite substance, that is essentially real bone material. We "fill the valleys to hide the mountains," so to speak. The cost depends on the practitioner and the amount of material used, but generally speaking most charge $800-1500 for the procedure, which lasts around 6-12 months depending on how quickly you reabsorb the material. There is absolutely no downtime. To see what the procedure actually looks like, check out the video and information pages I have listed below. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Works Well For Humps and Bumps

+1

Nonsurgical nose jobs are a great way to easily and quickly (about five minutes), relatively inexpensively straighten a bumpy nose. This morning I straightened the contours of a nose that not only had a prominent bump, but had a bulbous tip, was slightly downturned, and had line-like dent at the tip. Often, simply placing the filler at the bridge of the nose area to straighten and obscure the bump will streamline the entire nose by pulling the rest of the nose somewhat upward. This can be easily appreciated by looking at a patient of mine in the sidebar of this answer who was treated by me about a decade ago for a prominent bump on his nose.

I prefer Juvederm UltraXC alone or in combination with either Perlane L or Radiesse for nonsurgical nasal reshaping. These are semipermanent volumizing agents. While the use of permanent fillers seems attractive in theory, I do not personally use them, since they cannot be removed or dissolved if the result is not entirely desirable or if changes to the surrounding areas occur with time that make an acceptable initial response appear less desirable with the passage of time. They have also been associated with greater complications, including the potential for granuloma formation even years after treatment.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD