Can I Use Permanent Filler?

Hi, i had non surgical nose job with temporary filler (restylane) and now I really like my result is it possible for me to have non surgical nose job WITH permanent filler (artefill) ? it is really important for me to have my nose with this shape forever :)

Can I Use Permanent Filler?

+1

I suggest you avoid any permanent filler, there are high risks of formation of lumps and granulomas and if you hate it, it’s obviously permanant

Potential risks with permanent filler in the nose

+1

I would strongly advise against using a permanent filler in your nose.  As you age, your nose and nasal skin envelope will be undergoing continual change.  What looks good as an injection now will become lumps, bumps and irregularities as  your skin thins.  The safest way to permanently reshape your nose is with rhinoplasty.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Permanent fillers for the nose

+1

I would advise against using a pemanent filler such as artefill or artesense (best for nasolabial folds). For purposes of safety, I would advise Restylane or Perlane or Juvederm, and as a next choice Radiesse. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Permanent fillers

+1

I do like using Artefill the permanent filler in the naso-labial folds . However, it is not  for injecting noses. There are certain areas it is safe to use.Artefill  and it works beautifully  There is nothing we can use to reverse the Artefill so doing it in  an off label site is not suggested.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane vs. Artefill for the nose...

+1

I highly DO NOT recommend a permanent filler for your nose.  Stick with hyaluronic acid fillers.  They will last a surprising long time in this area.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates           Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Permanent filler

+1

Artefill is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds only, and I wouldn't recommend using it in your nose. You should consider a rhinoplasty consult for a more permanent option.

Sam Naficy, MD

Permanent filler for nose

+1

Dear sAaara,

• I would not recommend permanent filler in the nose
  • Things change over time and the injection of permanent filler can wreak havoc under the skin
  • One day, you may need surgery on your nose (broken nose, problems breathing), and having permanent material makes the surgery very difficult and results less predictable...in essence, you are burning a bridge

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Permanent filler if you like temporary filler?

+1

A permanent filler is, to state the obvious, permanent. That means if there is a problem, it's a permanent problem. I'm not a fan of permanent fillers because if there is a problem it may be impossible to fix it.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Wait on Permanent Filler

+1

You should wait until the restylane is reabsorbed completely before using another longer lasting product.  You may end up with uneven results if you retreat the nose with a different product type before the old filler is gone.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Semipermanent Volumizing Fillers Are Safer Than Permanent Fillers

+1

Whether for a nonsurgical nose job or for any other rejuvenation procedure, I strongly advise against the use of permanent fillers, such as Artefill, silicon or Bioalcamid.

On the surface of things, it would seem that gives a permanent result would be preferable to fillers and volumizers that are metabolized and absorbed by the body with time and thus necessitate retreatment down the road. However, this seeming deficiency actually provides their great margin of safety.

Permanent fillers, no matter where they are injected, are completely foreign materials. The body has no mechanism for removing them once injected. This means that if anything goes wrong, they cannot be simply and easily dissolved the way hyaluronic acid-based products can be when treated with hyaluronidase, a natural enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid. And because hyaluronic acid is a natural material, even if you choose not to have it dissolved quickly with the enzyme, the body will naturally and gradually do so on its own.

Yes, this lack of permanence will necessitate retreatment sometime down the road. But, we are accustomed to maintenance regimens. We go to the dentist once or twice a year for our checkup and sometimes as many as three times per year to the dental hygienist for a cleaning.. Likewise we go for our annual physical. These take twenty minutes to a half hour or more. Doing a touch up for a nonsurgical nose job takes about five minutes. And, if a touch up is needed once a year, it is a small time-wise price to pay for the security that an alien material isn't sitting there in our skin waiting to cause permanent bumps, swelling, persistent inflammation, etc. some time down the pike.

Personally, in my Upper East Side NYC practice, I mix my hyaluronic acid with Radiesse when doing nonsurgical nose jobs in order to prolong the effect. Radiesse, a calcium-based material, is also natural and will also eventually be broken down by the body and eliminated. But, it is a more robust material than hyaluronic acid and also stimulates new collagen formation that further helps prolong the effect. In my practice in Israel, where more robust hyaluronic acid volumizers, such as Restylane SQ, Juvederm Voluma, and Stylage XXL are regulatory agency-approved, I combined these with Radiesse for a more prolonged effect.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD