Non-permanent Filler to Make Nose Look Straighter Because of Tip Swelling After Secondary Rhinoplasty? Grafts Were Used on Tip

I got secondary rhino to de-rotate the tip of my nose after a disastrous primary one, now the tip's very swollen, while the bridge is not because it wasn't touched at all. This causes the nose to look sort of curved, which I hate because all I wanted was a straight nose. Would it be Ok for me to have a non-permanent filler injected only on the bridge to make it look straighter while the swelling subsides? What temporary fillers are safe to use? Thanks

Non surgical Rhinoplasty for tip swelling after surgery

+2

Dear Sabs

Sorry to hear about your nose. It sounds as if your surgeon has done a nice job of counseling you about swelling, which can be even worse in revision cases. I agree with Dr. Parfitt's discussion about placing fillers into operated noses. It can be tricky, but it can be done if placed very carefully and in small amounts. I would recommend very conservative injections with weekly follow up to make certain we were getting the desired result.

I would only consider a Hyaluronic Acid based filler as these can be dissolved quite easily if the filler does not accomplish your goals. 

Waiting for rhinoplasty results can be incredibly frustrating, as you have had a big procedure to change your appearance and now must wait for swelling to subside. Do keep in mind that in the upcoming months your nose will look better and better. 

Good Luck

Dr S

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Fillers to Touch Up Irregularities Following Rhinoplasty

+2

I personally place filler only in virgin, non-operated noses.  This is because there are uneven areas of greater and lesser resistance due to  variations in scar formation following a rhinoplasty -- and a filler is and behaves like a liquid, seeking areas of less resistance.  So the filler can end up in places that you didn't want it.  However, hyaluronic acid fillers (like Restylane, Juvederm and Perlane) can be quickly dissolved with another injection of something called hyaluronidase if this happens or if you just don't like the result, so there's little to lose, other than your money, by trying.  I definitely would never put Radiesse in a post-surgical nose.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would wait at least 12 to 18 months after a revision to make a determination about the resolution of swelling.  At that time, fillers could be considered.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php