I Had a Permanent Filler in my Nasal Area and Along the Mouth. Can I Still Do Ulthera or Are There Risks Associated with It.

I Had a Permanent Filler in my Nasal Area and Along the Mouth.  Can I Still Do Ulthera or Are There Risks Associated with It.

Ultherapy won't treat the areas that fillers treat near the nose and smile folds

+1

The effect of Ulthera when done directly over permanent fillers has not been studied.  In the areas you seem to have had filler, near the nose and smile fold, are areas that the physician avoids treating with Ulthera, regardless of filler. There should be no reason that you couldn't have Ultherapy on the cheeks, infraorbital skin and neck.

Injectable fillers nasolabial folds and risks with Ulthera

+1

Ulthera procedures may be performed after injectable fillers have been placed.  Ulthera is not usually performed near the nose so fillers in these areaswill not be affected.  Fillers placed in the cheeks will be affected by Ulthera in that the will be diminished slightly in volume. This is the only risk associated with Ulthera and injecatble fillers.  

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can use Ulthera if you have had fillers

+1

Ulthera treatments typically do not involve going that far toward the nose.  As such, it will not treat the areas that  have been injected.  There should be no problem. 

Philip Miller, MD