Permanent Five O Clock Shadow?

I am a 35 year old mail and over the past couple of years I have developed a permanent five o'clock shadow on my face. Even right after I shave, and my skin is smooth, there is still a shadow. Other than laser hair removal, are there any other treatments that can diminish the shadow or make the skin thicker so it doesn't show?

Permanent 5 0'clock shadow

+1

I think the place to start is to have a wax.  WIthout seeing pictures of you, and completely understanding your concern, the options are to lighten the hair - which will need to be done very often as you shave - or to remove the hair.

A wax will completely mimic laser hair removal, and will let you see whether it will do what you want it to do.  If you like the effect, then your options are to regularly wax instead of shave, which will not remove the hair permanently, allowing you to grow it if you want.  

If you become certain that you want that to be permanent, laser hair removal will then be the answer.

all the best.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon