Can Permalip Be Reversed?

I am thinking of getting Permalip,however if I am not pleased with the results, will I be able to take the implant out? If I take it out, will my lips look the same as before(in their natural shape) or messed up?

Permalip Reversed

+2

You can remove  Permalip under local anesthesia. Your lips should return to normal. If you were thinking of injecting any type of filler, you must wait at least 3-6 months until you are healed.  

Lip Implants Removed

+1

Lip Implants are easy to remove.  Most patients are very pleased with the result.  The Permalip is a great product.  The Surgery can be done under local anesthesia.  Patients who like fillers in their lips, love lip implants.  Good luck with your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Lip implants are easy to put in and easy to remove.

+1

Lip implants are easy to put in under local anesthesia and easy to remove as well for roughly $1500--2000 per implant.  Once put in, you have to wait at least 2 months before removing or revising them since you want the lips to heal and alot of the swelling to subside before doing anything more to them.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Perma lip reversal can be done precautions can be made

+1

You can reverse perma lip implants. You can take them out and let them settle and usually your lips can return to normal. Sometimes there is extra tissue that can contract and leave mild irregularities. In this case fat injections can help tremendously.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Problems of Assymmetry

+1

Again, I put nothing artificial in lips, or there will eventually be problems. I use dermal-fat grafts even for problems of assymmetry. The grafts are natural and permanent. See aventuraplasticsurgery.com for examples.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permalip and implant removal

+1

Permalip is a nice procedure for patients who enjoy the look of full lips. I recommend to all patients who are considering lip implants that they try filler such as Juvederm before putting lip implants in. Juvederm is a temporary filler that usually lasts from 6-9 months. If you are experienced with lip filler, like the results, and are tired of doing the procedure repeatedly, then you may be a good candidate for permalip.

The procedure is usually done under local anesthetic and tolerated well. A pocket is created under the mucosa and vermillion of the lip on top of the muscle and the implant is pulled through and situated so that the lips look symmetric. A single stitch is usually placed in the corners of the mout where the tiny incision was made.

The post-procedure swelling is much more intense than you would expect with a filler. I usually advise a couple days off of work and it can take a couple of weeks for the swelling to resolve. The risks to an implant include infection, extrusion, and shifting. Shifting is rare and if it happens the implant usually needs to be removed. Another implant can be placed at a later time if the patient wants one.

If you are not pleased with the results the implant can be removed simply by using the same tiny incision at the corner of the mouth and pulling the implant out.. The lip will usually revert back to the pre-implant appearance however this cannot be guaranteed. Permalip is a great procedure for the right patient. Again, I usually advise that you have experience with temporary filler in your lips before trying it. I hope this helps.

Todd C. Miller, MD