Permalip Or My Own Fat For The Most Permanent Luscious Lips?

Hello ! I desire to have luscious lips, but I research a permanent solution, because I desire to have a permanent lipstick and my lips must remain intact! Are Permalip implants really permanent or should be changed every few years ? My own fat is really permanent ? How many surgery for this ? Thank you !

Permalip and fat can both be used for lip augmentation

+5

Permalip and fat can both be used for lip augmentation, but each has its drawbacks.

The potential drawbacks of Permalip are that it is a foreign body implanted into your body and it has the potential (although a very, very, very low potential) of affecting how your lips move and feel.  However, it can be removed if you don't like it!

Fat is nearly the ideal injectable material, because comes from your own body! The drawbacks of fat injection are that it requires harvesting fat from your abdomen or thighs, the results may be a little less predictable, not all of the fat will survive and remain in the lips, and the fat cannot be removed easily if you are not pleased with the results.  

I hope this helps you decide which type of augentation to pursue.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permanent Lip Augmentation

+3

Bonjour!  While fillers are a great way to augment your lips, if you seek a more permanent solution, I prefer permalip.  I also work closely with a team who can also create permanent and semi-permanent lip color/lipstick following the lip augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com

Lip implants

+2
Soft preformed silicone implants work quite predictably and can be easily removed if there is a problem . Fat is unpredictable in so far as retaining it's shape and volume.
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permalip versus fat

+1

Each option can provide very nice results. Permalip is a silicone implant that comes in various sizes and gives relatively predictable, dependable results. It is easy to place the implant and can be done under local anesthetic. Should you not like the implant it can be removed easily. The downfall to silicone is that the implant cannot be molded or customized.

Fat is another great semi-permanent option. It is safe and from your own body and has better longevity than synthetic fillers such as Juvederm. The drawback to fat is that it can be more unpredictable and you will lose at least 50% of the initial volume injected and my need a second stage procedure.

Perma lip augmentation or fat injections into the lips are both more longer lasting options for lip augmentation

+1

Permalip augmentation is a definite option for more longer lasting lip augmentation enhancement. Benefits are that the silicone implant will not go away or get absorbed. The procedure is quick and the healing is faster than fat injections. The drawbacks are the foreign material and the idea of that. The silicone implants is something that you will feel and will not be as natural as fat feeling. Pursing your lips is more difficult with perma lip augmentation.

Fat injections of the lips is the most natural way to augment your lips. The downtime is longer than permalips enhancement however. You also need to harvest fat from your body which is another consideration for you. Also the fat survival can not be completely predictable.

Below is a video on permalip augmentation

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

For Beautiful lips AVOID implants and permanent fillers!!!

+1

I would STRONGLY dissuade you from putting anything in your lips other then Hyaluronic based products such as Juvederm or fat!  ANY permanent injectable implant will not look natural time and will have a HIGH likelihood of displacement, extrusion, inflammation, granuloma formation, tissue distruction, premature aging not to mention unnatural appearance and distortion with movement.  Fat is by far the best filler but must be harvested handled and injected properly (very few people who offer fat transplantation actually inject viable fat, thus the common thought that it is not permanent).  Fat, once ingrafted is indeed a permanent change in as much as any other part of your body is permanent.  I also woud dissuade you from dermal fat grafting techniques in the lip as they can harden with scar and really distort the animation(movement) of your lips.

Stick with Hyaluronic acid for a lip augmentation that must be maintained or fat grafting by a practitioner that gets long term results for a permanent change but protect yourself from all other interventions!

I hope this helps,

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/before-after-photos/Facial-Surgery/Lip-Augmentation/

Lip Augmentation

+1

I would try an injectable filler before surgery such as Restylane to enhance your lips. The injectables work great and last 6 months to 1 year. If you want something more permanent I would suggest the Perma lip because it is easily removed.

Web reference: http://www.drfiorillo.com/breast/breast-augmentation/

+1

Permalip Or My Own Fat For The Most Permanent Luscious Lips?  I have peformed Lip augmentations for over 20 years and witten a scientific paper on the subject.  The gold standard for permanent lip augmentation, IMHO, is Alloderm sheets not the saline filled or silastic lip implants as these need to be placed deep within the lips.  Alloderm is soft and more supple because it's softer material that can be placed immediately below the outer lip mucosa.  The results last about 7 years.  Fat should not be used bevause it's not reliable and can travel to unwanted areas like below the nose along the skin of the upper lips and can not be removed should this happen.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Permanent Luscious Lips

+1

Your best choice, in my opinion, is Aquamid.  Try temporary filler first, like Restylane or Juvederm.  If you like it, the Aquamid is injected the same way, is very natural, soft, and non-reactive.  97.5% water, 2.5% polyacrylamide hydrogel, available in Paris.  Permalip has the advantage that it can be removed, but the implants are slightly more firm (and thus less natural) than Aquamid.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

Fuller lips

+1

Twenty years ago I developed an excellent proceedure for just this problem. I do a dermal-fat graft from the lower abdomen to the lips as a transplant. The results are totally natural and permanent. Fillers are temporary, non-natural implants are a disaster and often have to be removed ( i.e. permalip), and fat alone will disappear usually within 6 months. Your own tissue as a dermal-fat graft works fabulous and is permanent. Go to aventuraplasticsurgery .com to see many examples of this proceedure and results.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.