Can Perlane Injections Be Reversed?

I want to have Perlyne injected into my nose to mask a bump. Can I "undo" the injection if I don't like the results?

Perlane and removal

+1

Perlane can be removed (if necessary) with Hyaluronidase. Before having treatment, consult with a well-trained and experienced injector to discuss expectations and hopefully to avoid product removal.

Perlane is reversible

+1

Greetings~

One of the great characteristics of Perlane (as well as other hyaluronic acid tissue fillers) is its reversible nature.  If you do ever have an area of unwanted Perlane, it can simply be injected with Hyaluronidase and it dissolves quickly and easily and after a few days you can try again.  Our patients have been very happy with Perlane for smoothing out contours in the nose...I'm sure you'll love it and you can rest easily knowing that if you don't that you don't have to live with it.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Grant Stevens, MD

Yes, Perlane can be reversed.

+1

The advantage of using any of the hyaluronic acid fillers is the reversibility of the products.  I tend to favor these types of products in patients who are new to fillers, or venturing into more difficult to treat areas, such as the tear trough and nose.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane can be reversed

+1

If you are very unhappy with the results of your Perlane injection, then the Perlane can be removed. Since it is a hyaluronic acid filler, it can be removed with an injection of the enzyme hyaluronidase. Regardless, I would not recommend having Perlane injected into your nose until you have a very detailed discussion with your physician. There are many complications with injecting fillers in the nose, and you need to be aware of them before you proceed.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlan reversible

+1

Perlane is a natural product of hyaluronic acid that can be dissovled with hyaluronidase if it has given an unwanted result.

Perlane, Restylane and Juvederm are all reversible fillers

+1

One of the many advantages of using the class of soft tissue fillers that Perlane falls under, specifically the Hyauluronic acids, or suger gets, is they give you an immediate result, are well tolerated, do not require a skin test, don't rely on a tissue response producing collagen (like sculprta and radiesse) and they are completely reversible with an antedote, an enzyme, that your physician injector can place in the area that the perlane was injected to remove it within 24--72 hours.

There are many soft tissue fillers now available and seeking an expert physician injector is paramount. One word of caution to all readers, injectable rhinoplasty can be a wonderful procedure, but certain areas of the nose and certain patients (post rhinoplasty for one) can be at increased risk of tissue death and scaring following injection in the nose with soft tissue fillers, so seek out the advice of an expert.

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane fillers can all be Reversed

+1

Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane fillers are all hyaluronic acid fillers. Therefore, they can be dissolved by injections of Hyaluronidase, an enzyme which breaks up hyaluronic acid.

Perlane for nasal augmentation

+1

Perlane is similar to Restylane as they are both hyaluronic acids, but Perlane is designed to be placed more deeply and is somewhat thicker.  Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that can dissolve hyaluroniic acids, so  yes there is something to do should you not like the result. The Perlane should not be injected in the region between the eyebrows and this is close to the nasal bridge so the doctor should keep this in mind when augmenting the nose.  Restylane may be injected there.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Perlane can absolutely be reversed

+1

Perlane is a hyaluronic acid (HA), like Restylane and Juvederm.  All HA's can be dissolved with an enzyme called hyaluronidase.  A small amount is injected into the filler and usually the filler disappears within 24 hours.  It is very safe when injected by an experienced injector.  I find HA's are the best fillers to use when someone is concerned with having a filler for the first time as they have the reassurance that there is an "eraser" for the filler if they should ever want it.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane injections be reversed

+1

Most likely no, but why do Perlane first? It is longer lasting than Restylane. I would try the shorter lasting filler first. if happy than proceed to the longer ones.

From MIAMI DR. B