Perlane for Lower Eyelids?

The plastic surgeon whom I consulted with regarding doing something to help my lower eyelid depressions has recommened Perlane. Would you agree with this?

Perlane and lower lids

+1

Without first seeing you in person or at least viewing a picture of the area, it is very difficult to answer this question.

Perlane for Lower Eyelids

+1

Since perlane is a larger particle size dermal filler, it may be more appropriate to utilize restylane for the area. Discuss with him/her why the recommendation is perlane over restylane.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Perlane for lower eye

+1

Greetings~

From my experience, I would prefer using Restylane to Perlane for the under eye/tear trough area.  The particles are smaller in the Restylane and tend to give a nicer, more predictable result for such a delicate area.  Perlane is excellent for the upper cheek area where more volume is required generally.  Thicker product is not necessarily better for such a delicate area that doesn't need the strength or structure that a cheek or marionette line would benefit from.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Perlane in lower lids

+1

I am not a big fan of the larger particle size fillers to be placed in the lower eyelid tear trough region. I think it is more difficult to mold, and may leave lumps.

Perlane for lower eyelid

+1

I would not used Perlane in the lower eyelids. Perlane in great for high volume loss areas such as cheeks and  the Nasolabial area. I would used a smoother hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Juvederm in the tear tough area. You don't need that much filler to this area and it should be placed under the muscle.

Perlane at lower lid

+1

I agree with previous post....Perlane has been used at cheek-lid junction, off label; the dose is relatively small, so the entire syringe is not used and other areas can be treated at the same time.

I have not been injecting hyaluronic acids into this area of the eyelid because of the risk of a bluish, bruise-like, long lasting side effect of the product. This is due to the refraction of light through the tissue and the filler called the Tindle Effect and only goes away when the fill goes away. Looks similiar to a long-lasting bruise.

Ask your physician, who I assume is an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, about the risks and about alternatives to inject in this area that may not have the above side effects.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck.

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

A syringe of Perlane has too much volume for the tear trough region

+1

The volume of hyaluronic acid in 1 syringe of Perlane is generally more than twice the amount necessary for the tear trough region. Perlane is not specifically approved for the tear trough region.

However, many physicians do inject it with great results. Unless you are planning on using the rest of the syringe somewhere else on your face, why not use a small syringe of Restylane.

This should cost significantly less and you should obtain the same results.

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon