Perlane or Juverderm 4 for Lips?

I have used Restylane and normall Juvederme Ultra; unfortunately they both never lasted longer than 4 weeks!!! I am off back in search of fillers; have been advised by surgeon to go for Juverderme 4; but apprehensive as it may not last?? after reading reviews am quiet keen on Perlane; due to the length it stays but My surgeon is slightly apprehensive as he mentioned ""Bumping"" on the lip area, is this correct?? What would you suggest between the 2 for lip area?? Thanks

Lip augment

+1

Juvederm is an excellent product for lip augmentation. We have also had good success using Belotero which is a newer filler for fine lines. In general, these fillers last 8-12 months in most patients. I am not sure why you are having such bad luck with your filler. I would have another surgeon inject your lips and see if this lasts any longer. You could also consider fat grafting but I don't recommend lip implants. I have taken many of these out as they seem to get hard and lumpy.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation: what to do?

+1

Full plump lips are desirable, attractive, & conducive to wearing of lipstick properly. But not everyone is born with full & nicely shaped lips. As we age, lips often shrink.   Lip enhancement with fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm is popular & when properly performed, looks great. A fear of many of my patients is the over-done "trout pout" or duck lip appearance where too much filler or improperly administered filler has been used. This can look scary!!!

Patients should be very careful in choosing who they let inject their lips & faces. Both Juvederm & Restylane are temporary, and many patients have do this twice yearly. And when carefully & artistically performed, it can be very gratifying & beautiful. 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for lips

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers are a great choice for lips.  Juvederm tends to feel a little softer and should last about 6 months time.  Restylane and perlane can be used as well, although perlane is a thicker, more robust filler.  Some physicians inject silicone in the lips using the microdroplet technique.  However, this is a permanent filler and should be used with caution. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Lip implants are the way to go once you've decided on the size of your lips from filler usage.

+1

Lip implants are so easy to get and take about 20 minutes under local. They are permanent but can be removed easily . they run roughly $1500-2000 each and do look very natural. sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Longer Lasting Lip Augmentation

+1

Your best options, in my opinion, for longer lasting lip augmentation are Aquamid (not available in U.S.), Permalip soft silicone implants, Fat grafting, Demal Fat Grafting, or acellular dermal matrix.  Some use silicone injections, but I'm reluctant because of reported long term problems.  Perlane is fantastic in the lips, totally safe, natural, and beautiful, but it is a non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid formulation with a duration of effect similar to Restylane and Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus and Belotero.

Steve Laverson, MD

Volbella for lips augmentation

+1

Try Volbella - a new Juvederm type hyaluronic acid filler, specifically designed for lip injections and reported to last longer and give more natural look.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Perland or Juvederm for the Lips?

+1

If you want to continue with temporary fillers, I would stick with the juvederm. I recommend you consider silicone which is a great filler for the lips and is permanent. Click on the link below for before and afters of lips augmented with silicone.

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Perlane for lips

+1

Juvederm 4 is not available in the US as far as I know. I have used Perlane often and it leads to great results.

Lip injections

+1

We usually recommend Restylane (FDA indication for lips) or Juvederm Ultra (Juvederm 3) for lips. Both Perlane and Juvederm 4 can be injected into the lips - all off label - and should only be done by skilled injectors. Since you are mentioning "4" you probably reside in Europe where you also have Esthelis which is another filler that can be used. Belotero can also be used both in the US and other countries - again, off-label and by skilled injectors. So your surgeon is correct - be careful. 

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane or Juvederm for the lips?

+1

I like to use Juvederm for the lips. It is very soft and yields a great looking and natural result. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist in your area. They are all great choices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD