Can Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus Be Used to Lift, Define and Add Volume to the Lower Face?

Can Perlane or Juvaderm Ultra Plus be used to lift, define and add volumn to the lower face/jaw line with good results or is Radiesse or Sculptra a better option? I would prefer an HA based filler if possible.

'liquid lifts' with HA fillers or fat

+3

It is my preference to stay far away from artificial fillers that are long term/permanent.  These fillers have less elasticity in general then the surrounding tissue and all from strange firm scar ( that is marketed by manufacturers as collagen production).  They thus actually age the face prematurely and come with a host of potential long term complications that you really dont want to contend with.  For these reasons I would recommend forgetting about Radiesse and Sculptra.  Juvederm Ultra Plus is my choice for the intervention that you are interested in but keep in mind that the person injecting the product is much more important then the HA product being injected.  The best filler of all is your body's own fat which can deliver permanent results and really improve your appearance.    I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane are all excellent to add volume

+2

Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane are all excellent to add volume to your lower face - they are the products of choice if you are not sure you will like the results as they can be removed with hyaluronidase

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Juvederm Plus for Lift

+1

Not Perlane but Juvederm Ultra plus 11 would be a good choice, however all fillers are a poor second choice to a simple preauricular lift done under local anesthesia and in one hour that will last years and get a much better result. For options that best suit you, consult the website below.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for the lower face is a good option

+1

Greetings~

Juvederm and Perlane can definitely be used in the lower face to fill, define and sculpt.  If you have any hesitation about fillers the HA based fillers are ideal because they can be dissolved with hyaluronidase if you are unhappy with the results.  (Though Sculptra and Radiesse are great products, the same is not true for them)  Fillers can be used to redefine the jawline to some extent and as well as improve marionette lines and the chin area.  Keep in mind, for ideal results it may take more than one syringe, many more in some cases.  Sculptra is great for volumization and thickening the overall tissue.  Radiesse is also a great alternative to the HAs for providing correction to some of the sagging areas that need more structure.

Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens    

Grant Stevens, MD

Juvederm and Perlane are great on the lower face

+1
Juvederm and Perlane are intended to be used on tne lower face and they deliver excellent results. In addition to increasing volume for the smile lines around the mouth, they are excellent for lifting the corners of the mouth, addressing jowls and softening the crease between the lips and the chin.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Fillers

+1

Each filler type has pros and cons associated with it. The biggest difference is between Sculptra and the others. Sculptra's results occur over time as the body responds to the injection and creates it's own increase in volume whereas the others, Juvederm, Perlane and Radiesse, provide immediate correction.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower face rejuvenation with filler

+1

Perlane and Juvederm can be used to add volume to the lower face with excellent results.  I like to be careful however using the term "lift" when discussing fillers.  Fillers cause radial expansion and create the illusion of lifting. I think HA products are excellent in terms of safety, results, predictability and longevity.

Seek a board certified dermatologist with extensive experience!

Best

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist