Many Small Lumps 4 Days After Perlane Injected into Cheek and Lower Lip Area, Is this Normal?

I just had Perlane injected in cheeks and lower lip area 4 days ago, to help the marionette lines, lower. My question is that I have small lumps (not visible outwardly), in many of the areas of injection. The RN who did the injections, when questioned said the lumps would dissolve into the muscle in a few weeks. Is this true?

Perlane and swelling/lumps

+1

I would allow time for swelling to come down, then follow up with the provider for further assessment. It can be several days for swelling to subside, and isn't uncommon. If they aren't visible I might also leave the area alone.

+1

If you massage the areas 3 to 5 times per day, for 5 to 10 minutes each time, these areas will most likely even out in a short time. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after filler injections

+1

I think that lumps can be seen or felt after a filler injection when certain techniques are used. We suggest a little massage to help the material soften up and they usually go away on their own

Julio Garcia, MD

+1

I massage the lumps and bumps out after injecting Perlane and Radiesse.  If you can feel, but not see the irregularities, IMHO there's nothing to worry about.  If the lumps are visible at 2 weeks, a touchup maybe in order and you should go back to the person who did the Perlane injections.

4 days is not very long, but...

+1

If you get a bump from the injection of per lane, it is unlikely to settle down without being adjusted.  The Juvederm products tend to even themselves out with a little patience.  This is not a bad thing.  It means that the volume of the Perlane will hold where it is placed.  This is a very useful characteristic.  You can humor your "nurse injector"  by waiting a few more days.  This is a shame because with a little pressure these bumps can generally be resolved in this time frame.  After about 5 days, enzyme may be needed to remove these bumps.