I had Perlane injected 6 days ago: I have severe bruising - Any suggestions?

I had Perlane injected 6 days ago. I have severe bruising below my eye and above my chin, on one side of my face. I look like I was punched in the face. The doctor who injected me suggested laser to break up the bruising but I am hesitant. I am taking arnica and using arnica topically. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bruising after Perlane injections

+1
Unfortunately, bruising is a common side-effect after filler injections and can happen even when being treated by the most skilled injectors.  I agree with your use of arnica.  Bromelain, a mixture of enzymes which is naturally found in pineapples, can help with bruises as well.  I often recommend both to my patient, both to prevent and treat bruising with injections.  Certain vascular lasers can also safely be used to treat bruises, and are a great option to help expedite the resolution of post-procedure bruising.

Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising after Perlane will resolve

+1
I agree with your use of arnica montana, which will speed the resolution of your bruising.  I would keep your head elevated (sleep with an extra pillow) and avoid strenuous athletic activities.  Beyond this and possible laser, I think this is just a matter of time and patience.
Remember that the effects of Perlane and most injectable fillers, good or bad, are temporary--and so is your bruising.

Ronald Friedman, MD

Signficant bruising after fillers

+1
Bruising is common after fillers and it can be worse from one side to the other too. Taking Arnica and applying it topically can help. I have often done Laser Genesis on people who have bruising from anything, and that helps a great deal. If you don't want to do lasers, then I think what you are already doing is what I'd recommend. A good cover-up makeup like Dermablend is a good solution too!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD