I had Perlane injected 6 days ago: I have severe bruising - Any suggestions?

I had Perlane injected 6 days ago. I have severe bruising below my eye and above my chin, on one side of my face. I look like I was punched in the face. The doctor who injected me suggested laser to break up the bruising but I am hesitant. I am taking arnica and using arnica topically. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bruising after Perlane injections

Unfortunately, bruising is a common side-effect after filler injections and can happen even when being treated by the most skilled injectors.  I agree with your use of arnica.  Bromelain, a mixture of enzymes which is naturally found in pineapples, can help with bruises as well.  I often recommend both to my patient, both to prevent and treat bruising with injections.  Certain vascular lasers can also safely be used to treat bruises, and are a great option to help expedite the resolution of post-procedure bruising.

Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon