Swelling - Perlane Injected Along the Brow Bone, Under the Eyebrow and Leading into the Temple?

I had my undereyes injected with restalyn and my plastic surgeon suggested I have my browbone feathered into my temple injected with perlane. Four days later I still have swelling under the eyes, and I find the browbone now has a visible ridge with a drop off toward the temple. I went back to my surgeon-- he said the swelling would subside (WHEN??) and that my brow looks youthful (I think just weird.) He strongly advises against dissolving it. Can I massage the areas to speed healing?

Perlane and swelling

+1

Swelling can typically last anywhere from 3 days to two weeks-and it's best to give it some time. I would advise against massaging any product yourself, and if you are still unhappy with the results after two weeks, have it removed.

Swelling after Perlane around the eyes

+1

Swelling will typically last 24-48 hours.  If the swelling persists or if you think the appearance is weird, then it is best to see your doctor.  Consider the use of hyaluronidase which can reduce the amount that is in place and help reduce the swelling.  A small amount of hyaluronidase can be injected to reduce the amount of Perlane without making it dissolve completely.  This way you can still have the cosmetic benefit but reduce the symptoms and improve the appearance.

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon