Perlane in Nasolabial Folds. Should I Avoid Moving That Area After?

I'm having Perlane in my nasolabial folds this week. Should I prohibit movement of the area for that day? Will smiling and laughing cause the Perlane to shift or migrate? Thank you

Perlane in Nasolabial Folds

+2

Normal activity, facial movement, and light exercise is find on the day of the treatment. Light massage or pressing on the area should be avoided unless under the direction of the injector. 

+2

I use quite a bit of Perlane for facial shaoping and contouring and I ask patients not to massage or press on the area where the Perlane is injected for several days.  Facial movements, normal facial washing etc. will not move the Perlane IMHO. 

Laugh, smile, be happy.

+2

There is no real reason to avoid moving the face after a service.  While one does not want to over do things and I ask my patients not to work out for 24 hours, so specific avoidance of facial movement is necessary.

Perlane in nasolabial folds

+1

It's best to leave the product alone after injected-it's not recommended to get a massage or facial the same day either. Smiling and laughing aren't going to affect the treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Facial expressions after perlane

+1

There is no issue with making facial expressions after injections of perlane.  Heavy massage of the areas is not advised but normal activities are fine. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

What to do after Perlane

+1

Generally normal facial movements are fine after receiving a Perlane treatment. Avoid manipulating or massaging the area unless instructed by physician otherwise. Otherwise no special recommendations.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Moving the area in which Perlane was injected

+1

You should certainly carry on with your life, and smiling and laughing is good for you! The only restrictions I have are related to purposeful manipulation of the product such as massaging or pressing on the product.

mike kim, md

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon