I Had Perlane in Nasal Folds and Restalyne in Upper Lip. Now Look Like a Duck & Can't Smile, Is It Permanent?

and look weird when I smile.Is this because of swelling and please tell me it will go away.It was done 15 hrs ago:(

Perlane

+2

The hyaluronic gels including are not permanent.  Therefore your problem will go away.  You should also keep in mind that it is possible to have swelling after injection of fillers.  Typically this resolves in a few days.  

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Filler Results?

+2

Some swelling is to be expected after the use of fillers.  The results are not permanent ( and generally lasts  6 to 9 months).

Fillers early post treatment

+2

Since you are only 15 hrs since treatment, it is common to be swollen. It will take a few days for the swelling to come down.

+2

No, neither Perlane nor Restylane will last forever but will last about 6-9 months.  The duck lip occurs when the aesthetic principle, of lip proportion, is violated.  The upper lip is even, in size, or larger than the lower lip making the duck lip which is not attractive IMHO.  

The fillers themselves have no inherent magic and the results, of facial shaping and contouring, will only be as good as the aesthetic judgment of the MD injecting them.  Next time find someone who understands and follows the aesthetics of facial beauty.  

Give this time.

+2

If you were only treated in the upper lip, you received an unbalanced lip treatment.  Initially the lips will be bee stung exaggerating the effects.  In a few days, this swelling will diminish.  However, if you were only treated in the upper lid, you are likely to be disappointed with the results of treatment.  This type of treatment creates the duck bill look.  It is important for the lower lip to be stronger than the upper lip.  I advise my patients that there are basically only two types of lips out there: Executive Lips and Adult Entertainment Lips.  It is important not to confuse the two.  The good news is that if your injector goofed up your treatment, enzyme can be used to shape the lip without wiping out all the fill.  It may be that you will need a bit more filler in the lower lip as well.  Remember that filling the lip and the face is an art.  Not all injectors are artful.

Is swelling after fillers normal?

+2

Fifteen hours is much too soon to judge the efffects of fillers.  Swelling, especially after lip injections is normal and to be expected. The application of a cool pack after the procedure can sometimes minimize the swelling but its effect will lessen as time passes.  The swelling usually resolves in several days.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Perlane & Restylane

+2

Swelling is expected after use of any filler, which should settle down within the next few weeks.  To avoid the unnatural appearance during the swelling, judicious injections are recommended initially.  If you are still unhappy, the hyaluronic acid fillers (such as perlane & restylane) can be dissolved.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Swelling after Restylane and Perlane Injection

+1

It is too early to judge your result from injections that were done only 15 hours ago.  Often, these injections cause significant swelling that will resolve after a few days.  If you still have concerns in a few days, you should see your injector again.  Sometimes massage can be performed to redistribute the product.  In more extreme cases, the product can be dissolved by the injection of hyaluronidase.  My favorite thing about Restylane and Perlane (and the other hyaluronic acids) is that the injections are not permanent.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon