Is Perlane a good choice filler for under eye (hollow) treatment? Is it better than Juvederm?

Perlane is a little thick to use in the eyelids.

+2

You would be better off using Restylane or Belotero.  Juvederm can swell quite a bit and you may look overcorrected.    

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane for under eye hollows

+1
Juvederm causes too much puffiness under the eyes so Restylane will give a better result.  Perlane is usually too thick a product for most people in this area.
Toronto Dermatologist

Undereye Treatment

+1

Undereye hollows are a very common concern for many people of all ages. This is one of the most popular procedures in my office. I like to inject Restylane into the hollows of my patients; I find that it causes less swelling than Juverderm for a more natural look. Though Perlane is in the same family as Restylane Perlane is a thicker filler and would not be appropriate for the under eye area. Improving the hollows will also improve dark under eye circles because once the hollows are filled the light will be able to reflect off your skin improving the look of the dark circles. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this procedure will improve your concerns.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Choices for under eye filler

+1

Juvederm can have what is called the tyndall effect that can cast a bluish tint, so it's not usually the best choice for that area (but great in many other locations).

Restylane is a good choice for most anyone because it does not have that potential for the blue show through.

Restylane and Perlane are the same basic product except Perlane is a little denser. This makes it a viable option for some people who have thicker skin, but if the skin under your eyes is fairly thin, Restylane would likely be a better choice.

Web reference: http://rebeccafitzgeraldmd.com/restylane.html

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Filler under the eyelid

+1

Any filler can leave a bump but some fillers may be better than others. Fillers that tend to show can be injected a little deeper. Of all the areas that tend to show bumps, the lower lids stands out as being the worst offender. The bumps of filler in this area tend to last a long time. Ideally you don't get a bump.

Boletero may be the best in this area but in all honesty, I think all HA can be used with discretion in this area.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+1

I personally use Restylane or Belotero in the under eye hollow (tear trough). Juvederm is a hydrophilic  filler and may cause edema in the area. Perlane has larger molecular size in may be visible in that area since the skin is so thin.

Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/face/facial-fillers-miami-fl/

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Best Filler for Under Eye Hollow

+1

Hi Snow White,

The best filler to use for the under eye hollows is Restylane.  All other fillers may cause too much swelling and edema.  Perlane should not be used under the eyes.  Most importantly, choose your injecting filler most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Under eye hollow and perlane

+1

I prefer to use a smaller molecular product like restylane that perlane in this area to minimize the risk of product placement issues.

Filler under the eyes

+1

I do not recommend Perlane for treatment of under eye hollows. It is far too bulky for use in this area. I find that Juvederm Ultra XC and Belotero give the best results when used underneath they eye as they are smooth, lightweight fillers. Hope this helps.

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Perlane vs. other HA fillers for Under Eye Injections

+1

Hi SW.  Generally speaking, advanced injectors will reach for a smoother and softer gel than Perlane when injecting under the eyes.  Restylane is probably the most common and Juvederm works fairly well also.  Perlane and Radiesse or other thicker fillers are generally reserved for the cheeks and lower face.  You can see photos at the link below of patients that have been injected with Restylane under the eyes.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/RestylaneInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.