Would You Suggest Perlane for Orbial Rim Area (photo)?

Hi Doctors. I recently visited my injector complaining about a dark, thick groove visable more under my right eye than the left. He said I have more fat under the right eye than the left and there was also a groove which could be improved using perlane for a lifting effect. Resty was under the eye 6 months ago for shadows, but bags I never had and do now... What are your thoughts on this developed bag situation and the use of perlane?

Perlane should be used cautiously but may be VERY effective!

+1

I occasionally use small amounts of Perlane for this area as it gives great support, lift and longevity. This is not a procedure for a beginner so please insure that your doc have experience with this somewhat challenging area.

Best of luck! I hope you have a great result!

Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane and tear troughs

+1

From your photo, it looks like any one of the dermal fillers will help replace some volume loss in that area, IF it's injected correctly and your expectations are discussed with a well-trained and experienced injector.

Perlane for under the eyes?

+1

The skin and tissue under the eyes is very thin and vulnerable and prone to swelling.  The undereye skin is also the thinnest in the body which is why some people suffer from dark circles--seeing the deep muscle though the skin. Having said all that, injecting ANYTHING near the eye can cause minor to severe swelling. This swelling can last for several weeks.

I recommend being evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. If he or she feels that your tear trough or your orbital rim could safely be injected, then I ONLY recommend Restylane--this is a smaller hyaluronic acid filler.  It is the safest injectable for around the eye because it causes the least swelling.

I hope this was helpful. Best of luck.

Sean Doherty, MD

Restylane Only for Under Eyes

+1

I only recommend Restylane-L in the tear trough (under eye area).  I do not recommend using Perlane. 

Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina PlasticSurgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

Ould You Suggest Perlane for Orbial Rim

+1

Hard to recommend a "thicker" HA like Perlane for the orbital area. Maybe consider PRP/Fat grafts in micro droplet technique. 

Best fillers for the orbital rim

+1

Restylane or Belotero are both soft hyaluronic acid fillers that work best in the periorbital area. I would not recommend Perlane in this area.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/restylane/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane is too thick for under the eyes

+1

Perlane is too thick for the orbital area.  Restylane or Belotero are the preferred fillers for this area.

Web reference: http://www.ocdermatology.com/juvederm-restylane/

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Would You Suggest Perlane for Orbial Rim Area

+1

No, Perlane is too thick for use in the lower eyelid and is meant to be injected into fatty tissue...of which that area has none.  The risk would be the creation of unsightly lumps and bumps.  Restylane or Juvederm are the thinner fillers most often used for this purpose.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com