Can Perlane Disappear in 4 Days? I Had 2 Vials and Loved It but Now Its Gone.

I had Restylane a year ago for my cheeks. I thought it had worn off quickly after that so I asked for Perlane this time around. He used 2 vials. I loved it when I left but now only 4 days later my cheeks are completely flat. Is it possible for someone to make more of the enzyme that breaks this down? The last time I got it, I got feel it under my skin. I could feel it a few days ago, but now I don't feel anything there. Very disappointed.

Can Perlane disappear in 4 days?

+1

Perlane is a great filler to use in the cheeks. It will last 6-7 months on average, and sometimes longer depending on the patient. When you first have the injections, you will experience swelling which can last up to 1-2 weeks. You may have been swollen and mistaken that for your final result. The physician who injected your filler may have been a bit conservative, and you may benefit from a touch up. I would recommend contacting them and communicating your concern in person. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Perlane dissolving in 4 days

+1

You were likely enjoying the swelling post treatment with Perlane injections. I would return to the provider/injector for further assessment. It could be that you just need additional product.

Sam Naficy, MD

Perlane...Gone in 4 days???

+1

Perlane does not dissolve in 4 days.  NOT possible!  You probably liked the swelling effect of the injections and now that the swelling has subsided you are wanting it back.  Perhaps you should return to your provider and ask about more volumization. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates             Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Perlane filler

+1

Perlane is a thick filler with good lifting capacity and it does not dissolve in 4 days, but rather stays for 6-12 months

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

+1

No, Perlane is a thicker version of Juvederm and would not dissolve in 4 days but rather lasts more like 9 months.  I use 2 cc's to shape and contour the cheeks frequently and this doesn't sound right at all.  

Perlane should not disappear in 4 days

+1

If the product is genuine, there is virtually no chance that the Perlane resorbed over that time period. If you think about the volume that was injected (assuming 2 - 1cc syringes), that is only 1 cc per side. The cheek is a large area and that 1cc can get "lost" amongst the rest of the tissue. 1 cc is about the volume of the tip of your little finger.

You might have loved the initial result but that result could have been due to the expected swelling response after injections. Return to your injector with your concerns and make sure you go to a board-certified injector such as the ones on this site.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Let your injector know your concern.

+1

What you are describing is impossible.  Product does not evaporate like that.  If you were treated in a legitimate office, then they took a photograph of you before treatment.  Have an after picture taken and have your injecting physician show you were the product is.