Perlane for Crow's Feet?

I am getting Perlane on Monday. My wants to inject 2 syringes under my eyes for my flat cheeks. Will this filler also work on crow's feet? Will they get worse or fill out? i am concerned with that. Thank you.

Perlane for Crow's feet--not the best option.

+1

There are better options, not to say that it cannot be used. It can, but it is best suited as a volume filler, not for fine lines.

Robert S. Bader, M.D.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane under the eyes

+1

For "crows feet" I would consider a neurotoxin - Perlane is a dermal filler and is for volume loss. Consulting with a reputable provider should help educate you to your options.

Sam Naficy, MD

Consider other options for crows feet instead of Perlane

+1

Greetings~

Perlane is excellent for restoring volume to the upper cheeks but I wouldn't recommend it as a primary treatment or correction for the crows feet.  My first choice would be some type of botulinum toxin like Botox or Dysport. If after having Botox or Dysport injections you still feel the lines are too pronounced or etched in then you can consider some type of laser treatment to smooth the surface of the skin or perhaps a smaller particle filler like Restylane in small amounts to plump up the lines. Perlane is generally too thick for the thin skin in this area. 

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Crow's feet

+1

My treament of choice for crow's feet would be Botox. It works excellent in this area. I choose to not use fillers like this in that area.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Beverly Hills Perlane, Beverly Hills Radiesse, Cheek Augmentation, Cheek Enhancement

+1

While Perlane works great IMHO for Cheek Augmentation and Enhancement, I'd choose Botox to soften the lines in the Crow's Feet area.

• Perlane is a thick filler that's meant to be injected into the fatty tissue layer and the Crow's Feet have none to speak of.  Injection of Perlane here could result in lumpiness or an enlarged look to the outside of the eye socket which could make the face and eye area appear deformed.
  • If for some reason, you don't want Botox or Dysport in the Crow's Feet, you could try a smaller molecule filler like Restylane or Juvederm but I'd still vote for Botox or Dysport.

Perlane and crow's feet

+1

Perlane will not help the crow's feet.  These lines develop from animation and are best treated with Botox or Dysport.

"No" to Perlane at crow's feet.

+1

Perlane is a great hyaluronic acid filler to add volume to cheeks or fill in areas such a Nasolabial folds and marionette lines. Perlane is not recommended to the crow's feet because there are many muscles that cause wrinkles in this area. Botox is a great alternative for use to the crow's feet.

Perlane is not appropriate for crow's feet

+1

Generally, we have found Perlane to be a good option for the cheeks, but it also depends on the specific area.

Perlane is not appropriate for your crow's feet because the wrinkles in this area are caused by muscle action rather than volume loss. Dermal fillers are great for areas with volume loss, but Botox is the right product for wrinkles caused by muscle action. Stick with Botox for the crow's feet and good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Crow's Feet

+1

Crow's feet develop from the repetitive action of the orbicularis oculi muscles which are circular muscles located around each eye and aid in lid closing. It is a muscle of facial animation. Repetitive action of the muscle bends (wrinkles) the skin over the outer eyelid; over time, like bending a paper-clip, the skin collagen will thin and break down, leading to creases or wrinkles!

Botulinum toxin relaxes the muscles, stops the paper-clip breaking action of the muscle and aids in ironing out the skin in this area. Once activity is minimized, the skin (paper-clip) will need to be repaired with a reconditioning approach : laser resurfacing, retin-A, etc. Filler in this area should be cautiously used if at all. The skin is very thin and risks of the Tindle Effect (visible filler beneath the skin which looks like a bruise) are high.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Getting rid of crow's feet

+1

Crow's feet are usually treated with botox, but deeper lines can be treated with fillers. The filler that I recommend for crow's feet is Restylane because it's very good for very superficial lines. The Perlane may actually intensify your crow's feet by pushing "up" on them with more cheek volume. Talk to your plastic surgeon about botox/dysport or Restylane for your crow's feet. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS