Does Perlane Break Through the Skin After a Couple of Months? I Thought It Just Dissolves

Does Perlane Break Through the Skin After a Couple of Months?  I Thought It Just Dissolves

Perlane and "breaking through skin"

+1

Perlane doesn't come out of the skin. It does dissolve over time, and depending on placement and amount of product, that time period varies.

+1

I have never heard of instances where Perlane “breaks through the skin”.  Generally speaking, Perlane is absorbed by the body in approximately 6 to 9 months. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

How Perlane goes away

+1

Perlane is dissolved in the tissues, it does not move out through the skin.

Julio Garcia, MD

Perlane

+1

I have never heard of Perlane breaking through the skin. Just like all of the other hyaluronic acid fillers, it dissolves.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Perlane is an HA filler that dissolves over time

+1

Like Juvederm and Restylane, Perlane is a hyaluronic acid filler that is absorbed by the body over time (usually about 8-12 months to return to baseline). It does not and should not break through the skin.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD