Can Perioral Mounds Be Removed by Liposuction?

I have fat pockets on either side of my mouth, can these be removed? I never had these until I had juvederm a year ago and have had hyurlonidase twice to no avail.

Perioral Mounds Can Be Removed By Intraoral Liposuction

+2

Fat pockets to the side of the corner of the mouth are known as perioral mounds. They are at the bottom end of the cheeks at the horizontal level of the mouth. It is not part of the buccal fat pads nor can it be removed by an intraoral buccal lipectomy approach. It can quite easily and effectively be removed by small cannula liposuction done through a small incision on the inside of the corners of the mouth. It can be done under local anesthesia with minimal  swelling and little if any bruising.

Perioral mounds

+1

Perioral mounds can be addressed with liposuction but it's difficult to comment on your particular case without seeing photographs. Some bulging may be caused by loose skin, not fat despots and then liposuction would exacerbate the condition.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Perioral mounds

+1

WIthout seeing photos or performing an exam in person it is difficult to say what they are. It may be redundant soft tissue that causes marionette like lines or it could be fat.