Perioral Mounds or Irregularity from Fat Transfer to Marionette Lines 11 Months Ago? (photo)

I have a bump above my mouth when I animate and smile on the right side, is there anyway to treat this, to flatten it out and get rid of this irregularity?

Treatment for irregularities after fat transfer

+1

Fat transfer to marionette areas can result in lumpiness if it is not correctly placed or there is an unusual reaction.  This can be improved with minimal steroid injections and sometimes micro-liposuction may be necessary to get rid of this.  In the first several weeks after the fat transfer procedure, massage will also help.  A firmer massage instrument such as the rounded back-end of a pen is better than the softer fingertip to get rid of a specific lump.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon