Would a Periareolar Breast Lift Be Enough to Lift my Breasts, with a Conservative Implant? (photo)

I am looking to avoid the vertical scar of a "loli-pop" lift if at all possible...Is that a bad decision for me based on this pic? The distance from my sternal notch, to the center of my nipple is 21cm on my left breast, and about 21 1/2cm on my right if that helps...I want implants as well, but am looking to stay proportionate...maybe a full C. Thanks for your help!

Breast lift options; specifically the periareoolar lift

+1

I can't be absolutely sure what type of lift is best for you based on the information available but the photos and information helps us get started. 

Breast surgery options are many. the option that is best for you will be determined by your desires for size, shape, scar, risks, etc....

Personally, I am not a fan of the periareolar lift as the areola almost uniformly enlarges over time which I believe is unsightly and unattractive. Many modifications have been put forward to try to avoid this problem but I have never seen a good solution and I have tried them all. The other issue that I don't like is that you put all the tightening around the nipple so the breast changes shape to produce a flatter rounder breast. The advantage is no vertical scar. 

It has been my experience that the vertical scar is feared but the periareolar scar is visible as well. There is no question in my mind that the conical natural breast shape is best achieved with the vertical scar. 

IN summary if the vertical scar is a deal killer for you then the periareolar incision is a reasonable option, but my patients don't like surprises so the downsides must be discussed. I highly recommend you ask for multiple long term photos of the procedure that you are planning to have. Anyone can show you one good photo but if they can show you at least 5 and you like them then you can have more confidence in your decision. 

Best of luck to you

A Jay Burns MD

The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift is not a simple periareolar lift

+1

It appears that you may require a lift with your implant. I would recommend a small submuscular implant that would give you the upper pole fullness and volume you are looking for. In addition, the small amount of breast tissue that you do have needs to be repositioned using the Mini UBL. This technique drapes the existing breast tissue directly over the implant to produce a natural and perky looking breast without a vertical scar or an inframammary scar. The only scar you would have is a periareolar one.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation and breast lift

+1

I quite often perform brast augmentation and add a circumareola lift for asymmetric areola and mild ptosis. It works out great for the right patient!

Breast lift decision

+1

from the review of your photo, there are several possibilities that exist, much depends on your actual physical examination and desired outcome with regard to the 'look' you are going for.  as you may wish to have a perky / full / round look as many women do then a more complete breast lift with augmentation may be the best option. If you would like a more natural contour then an implant alone may suffice.  remember that the breast skin will typically heal very nicely after a breast lift done well and the overall shape and contour is most important to patient's satisfaction with this procedure.  good luck.

Dr. Sean Simon

Will a periareolar breast lift along with implants be adequate.

+1

Thank you for the picture and the measurements.  It would be helpful to view side and 3/4 views to get a better sense of your underlying structure.  From what I can tell, it appears that there is very little overhang of the breast tissue.  In other words, if you place a pencil along the fold under your breast there will be just a little breast structure that folds over the pencil and the nipple will lie well above the fold.

If this is the case there are two possibilities that depend on your objective.  If you desire a nice full slightly settled breast, implants alone will suffice.  On the other hand, if you desire a somewhat "perkier" breast, for lack of a better term, then the addition of a periareolar lift may be helpful.

Lift without breast scars

+1

Your nipple position is fairly good, and the trade-off is the skin envelope of the breast available, and the size of the breast implant acceptable to you. The best 'lift' will come from an adequate implant that fits within the breast hand in glove. Our preferrence would be a lower profile silicone gel implant alone, and consider if you need the lift at a later time.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Would a Periareolar Breast Lift Be Enough to Lift my Breasts, with a Conservative Implant?

+1

It is difficult to answer this question definitively without measuring where your inframammary crease is in relation to your nipple and to the bottom of your breast.  Implants fill out breasts, they do not lift breasts. In your photo you do appear to have a "sagging" or at least "deflated" breast, but we cannot see where your crease is, and of course the bottom of the implant is at the crease, so breasts that hang very far below the crease will hang off of the implant.  If your nipple is AT the level of the fold, and the bottom of the breasts is no more than a centimeter or two below the crease, you may not need a lift at all.  If your nipple only needs to be elevated less than 3 centimeters (again, in relation to the crease location) and your overhang is no more than about 2-3 centimeters, then a periareolar lift may be a good option. But a periareolar lift is a weak lift, it does not shape the breast as a lift that adds a vertical scar (acting like a "dart" in clothing), and the risk of having a periareolar lift when a stronger "lollipop" or "circumvertical" or "anchor" lift is required is that of having a worse quality periareolar scar, a flattened shape around the areola despite the implant, and a generally poor result.  Everyone wants to avoid scars that are not necessary, but a vertical scar with a pleasing shape is better by far than no vertical scar and a poor contour and a worse quality periareolar scar.  I would predict, looking at your photos but not being able to examine you, that you will need more than a periareolar lift to get a good result.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-surgery.html

Breast augmentation and lift question

+1

Sorry, but your picture does not help enough in this case. Your board certified plastic surgeon can help you. I would like to share that in my opinion it is better to have the right shape and final size result then too big an implant and smaller scars. In Europe and Brazil where naked beaches and lots of plastic surgey is performed the same scars are used  but the final shape is good which is more important. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift or Mastopexy, almost never is a peri-areolar lif adequate.

+1

Your picture is not adequate to determine what is reasonable. Most if not all the time a periareolar lift will not be successful. You may also have Pseudo ptosis and a breast Aug would be better.

A consult  with  a

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would help you to determine the beast course. 

Web reference: http://www.graciaplasticsurgeon.com

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

+1

Very hard to advise but even with the posted photo. Maybe a very large implant a donut lift would work. Best in person evaluations. Regards