Red Area on Chin After TCA Peel

I Had a Peri Oral TCA Peel 5 Months Ago. I Have a Wide Red Area on my Chin 5 Months After. have been using 1% steroid cream for 3 weeks with no improvement. What can I do?

Treating redness from TCA peel

+1

It sounds like you are experiencing post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). I recommend you go back to follow up with your treating technician for post-treatment care. I would stop using the hydrocortisone cream for now until you go back to the medical office where you had the treatment done for follow up. Over use, or long-term use, of topical steriod cream can cause atrophy (thinning of the skin) over time and should only be used short term. Good luck!

Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.