Peri-Areolar or Inframmary Incision for African American Patients?

I spoke to my PS about this, and he said he recommends the periareolar for black patients. I'm not comfortable with that, so he said he coulld do the inframmary incision. Since he's using saline, he would make a really small incision and would use a new technique "Keller Funnel", so the incision wouldn't be large at all.

What do you normally recommend for AA patient? Anyone familiar with the Keller Funnel? How soon after surgery could I use whitening cream to lighten the scar?

Peri-Areolar or Inframmary Incision

+1

If one incision were truly superior to the others, we would all use the same one. I generally prefer incision in the fold. It gives the most direct access to the pocket in which the implant will be placed with the least tampering with breast anatomy. And, in the event of worse than average scarring, I feel the fold incision is most hidden, so this is highly subjective. 

I too use the Keller funnel for several reasons, one of which is the shorter incision. But its advantages are really limited to silicone implants.

As to applying products to the incision, I would ask that question to your surgeon. At a post-op visit when all appears to be healing normally, you will get the best advice. Don't consider products until the wound is healed--at least a week.

Thanks for your question, all the best.