Has Anyone Performed a Rhinoplasty with the Patient Having Radiesse Only 6 Months Ago?

I've booked in for a surgical rhinoplasty tomorrow. Problem being I have Radiesse injected in my nose (below and above my bridge hump to hide it) only 6 months ago. It looks like the general consensus is to wait at least a year. But I feel like most of it has gone and would like this surgery asap. Does anyone have an success or horror stories with Radiesse and rhinoplasty together in this time frame? Thanks

+1

I typically wait for the filler to degrade, but this may be impractical in certain cases.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Surgery 6 Months After Radiesse Injection

+1

I would not recommend surgery to reconstruct the nose within 1 year of having had Radiesse injections in the same area. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after Radiesse injection

+1

This is actually more common than you might think.  There are 2 options: to wait until the Radiesse dissolves, or alternatively there are some patients where the Radiesse doesn't dissolve after a year. In these patients, the Radiesse must be surgically removed at the time of rhinoplasty.  I've had experience with the latter.  Please consult with a board certified surgeon who is experienced with removing Radiesse at the time of  rhinoplasty and can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty and Radiesse

+1

Depending on your issue that you are hoping to correct I would recommend waiting a year.  The reason being is that Radiesse is a deeper and thicker filler that would be layered typically right at the bone or cartilage level.  Compared to Juvederm as an option for non surgical rhinoplasty which is more superficial.  Reaccessing that area of your nose with a traditional surgery, I would encounter the Radiesse and likely have to physically remove it completely and then there would be a level of guesswork as to how to manage the ultimate result.  This would create an amount of predictability in your result that is unknown.

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after Radiesse injection #rhinoplasty #facialplastic surgery

+1

I would recommend waiting at least one year before having a rhinoplasty if you have had Radiesse injected in you nose. 

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Operating on a nose after Radiesse nonsurgical rhinoplasty.

+1

I have no experience with your particular situation. However it seems logical that one would wait until the Radiesse is nearly resorbed so as not to hand your surgeon a moving target.