Who Does Perform Surgical Lip Augmentation? (No Injections/implants) How Much Does It Cost?

+1

Dear Falleville,

Thank you for your post.  I'm not sure I am under standing your question well, but in general, filler injections (juviderm, etc.) can be done by a physician or nurse injector/PA.  Fat grafting or implants should be done by a surgeon (plastic surgeon/facial surgeon).  In order of price, the Juviderm is the least expensive, lip implants, is more, and fat injections the most.  Actual prices range from surgeon to surgeon and city to city.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Surgical lip augmentation

+1

Fillers are your first line of lip augmentation tools.  If you have never had them, it might not be a bad idea to try it once just to get an idea of what your lips might look like after a more permanent procedure.  Fillers usually only last 6-9 months.  Lip implants such as PermaLip are nice and can be done under local anesthesia in an office setting.  The risk here is infection or shifting of the implant.  If you are unhappy with the results, the implants can be easily removed.  Lastly, there are several surgical options for lip augmentation.  Some of them involve incisions on the border of the lip, under the nose, or elsewhere.  I am not a big fan of these approaches as they leave scars which may be very noticeable if not covered with makeup.  I prefer to do my surgical lip roll-out procedures using incisions inside the lip, that is, inside the mouth.  These work very nicely but may require a touch-up or two in the office before they are perfect.  The scars heal well and are out of sight inside the mouth.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Permanent Lip Augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation has been a surgical challenge for years. It is only in the last 5 yrs or so that fat grafting has been improved to the point it can be used for lips. The main problem with lips is that they are very mobile. It seems to me that surgeons with a large experience in fat grafting get the best and most natural results. The cost in my area is two to three thousand: when performed with other procedures it is much less expensive.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Surgical implants for lip augmentation

+1

my preferred means of surgical lip augmentation is the PermaLip implant. It can be placed under local anesthesia and is very soft to the touch in natural appearance. I prefer this over fat grafting, even though I performed fat grafting frequently in other areas of the face, because the fat grafting can sometimes be a bit uneven.

Of course filler is always an option and has the upside of being temporary.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

You have several options in lip augmentation. I like gat grafts. If you do not, then your options are Dermis-fat graft to the lip. Temporal fascia graft. Grafts are initially stiff then they soften as the healing is complete and feels very natural.

Lip Augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation can be performed surgically with lip implants.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with this and help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD