Do You Perform Psyche Evaluations on a Patient Before a Surgery?

I realized too late that I wasn't a candidate for plastic surgery because I can not handle the alteration to my appearance and it has made my life miserable. How important is it to you to find out about a patient's mental health before conducting surgery on them?

Mental health before cosmetic surgery

+3

Hello. Thank you for your very important and rarely asked question. The mental health of the patient is without doubts one of the most important factors in the evaluation of a candidate to cosmetic surgery. Normally as plastic surgeons, we assess the patients on the basis of the information they provide us with regards to medical history, but very important is the consultation, the listening process, the body language, the motivations and the feedback following the analysis of before and after photographs of results of other patients. It is essential that the patient is open and sincere.

Patient selection is key.

Good luck

Andrea Marando

Manchester Plastic Surgeon