Who Can Perform J-flaps to Improve my Nasal Breathing?

After a bad septoplasty which resulted in a much worse septal deviation, I wore Breathe-Right strips for several years to sleep. I had a revision septoplasty earlier this year along with spreader graft placement along the left side of my septum. Now the mucosa below my upper lateral cartilages is prone to collapse when I inhale. I believe the mucosa was stretched throughout years of nasal strip use, indicating J-flaps to trim the excess. Who here has experience with J-flaps and can help me?

Improve nasal breathing

+1

Dear Need to breathe,

• J-flaps were used more frequently in the past, not that much anymore
  • The reason: their results usually do not last
  • There can be many reasons why your surgery did not work and that is why you need an exam to be sure
  • The first step in treating a problem is to find the cause...then we can offer the correct treatement

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Septoplasty Recovery

+1

Thank you for your recent inquiry. The best advice I can give via internet is that you see a well recommended and board certified surgeon for a full evaluation and direct examination. Under direct examination a proper diagnosis and surgical plan may be made to help improve your breathing difficulties. Best regards! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nasal Obstruction After Septoplasty

+1

Dear Need to Breathe,

I am sorry to hear about your breathing difficulties. There are several potential causes and treatments for nasal obstruction following septoplasty.

Rather than focus on a single treatment or technique (such as J-flaps), I would recommend that you see an experienced, Board Certified provider who can perform a full evaluation and discuss your full range of treatment options.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD