Does Anybody Here Perform Breast REMOVAL Surgery (FTM)?

Doctor Answers 7

Breast removal surgery

It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gender confirmation surgery.  There are nuances of female to male breast surgery that differs from a standard mastectomy in females.  

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

FTM Top Surgery


Thanks for the post. Although many plastic surgeons perform breast surgery, not many plastic surgeons perform FTM top surgery routinely. This surgery is not an extreme breast reduction. There are certain attributes of a male chest that make it look masculine. That is the goal of FTM Top surgery, not just to remove the breasts, but to make the chest look more masculine.


Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Best Plastic Surgeon for Transgender Breast Surgery

I am sure you will find many board certified plastic surgeons that to transgender surgery. The key is to find the most qualified. See the below link for suggestions.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

FTM surgery

Yes, this is a surgery which many plastic surgeons perform.  It is important to seek out a surgeon which has experience and sensitivity in addressing the needs of transgender patients.  Make sure you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with significant breast and transgender FTM experience.  Best of luck.

The information above should not be considered a substitute for consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to address individual medical needs. Your particular facts and circumstances will determine the plastic surgery treatment which is most appropriate for you.


There are board certified plastic surgeons that specialize in double incision mastectomy for transgender patients.   

Yes, Female to Male Chest Surgery - Bay Area Aesthetic Surgery

Yes, I perform breast removal surgery. In some instances female to male chest surgery can be performed with retention of nipple sensation.  Other instances a free nipple graft needs to be used.  I will be more than happy to assist you to gain an aesthetic identity.

Yes, The Center for Cosmetic Surgery in Denver does FTM "top surgery"/chest masculinization

FTM "top surgery"/chest masculinization (which does not quite count as a mastectomy, in that 10-20% of breast tissue is left behind) can be done via a technique of leaving the nipple attached (rather than grafting it), so that some sensation is retained.  It is a very safe and highly effective surgery that has been continued to be refined over the years, and has treated trans-men from all over the country (as well as few from overseas).  

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.