Should I Consider a Percutaneous Cheek Lift?

Over the past year, I've developed smile lines that are pretty obvious, although the rest of my face looks quite young. I've had filler injected into the lines, which has significantly improved their appearance. However, I'm looking for something that is more effective and longer-lasting, is minimally invasive, and offers a targeted, natural looking result. I'm 31 and ostensibly young for facelifts, but would a percutaneous cheek lift (midface) help?

Sounds like you could benefit from fat injections in the cheek

+1

a percutaneous face flit cheek lift, in my opinion, will not accomplish what you want. This is a traditional procedure that will pull back but not reverse the order of aging by which you arrived to the current state that you are in. Traditional procedures tend to change the way you look and they tend to not return your face into the position it once used to be. The aging process is due, in large part, to a volume loss.  The tissues in the face then retract inward and downward. Traditional procedures tended to pull back this tissue keeping it inward but upward and backward, no outward and forward.  So you end up no where near where you used to be.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Laugh Lines

+1

A "percutaneous lift" is not recommended for a patient your age. Properly placed fillers such as Radiesse and Artifill  will give you an excellent result which will last 12 -24 months. This treatment is effective, relatively easy, and there is little risk of complications.

Consider fillers for long term value as well

+1

A percutaneous lift does not make sense to me for you.  Too young, questionable long term value, and more involved than necessary.   Since you already have received significant results from fillers, stick with them.  A growing body of evidence shows that fillers will induce long term collagen deposition in the areas of injection, implying more value.  You may not need them as often, and might even get some permanent restructuring of the area injected.

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Continued use of fillers is preferred over percutaneous lifts

+1

The continued use of fillers are your best option as this point. I have attempted the use of so called thread lifts and have been disappointed with their short and long term results. 

Percutaneous Facelifts FAIL

+1

Regarding: "Should I Consider a Percutaneous Cheek Lift
Over the past year, I've developed smile lines that are pretty obvious, although the rest of my face looks quite young. I've had filler injected into the lines, which has significantly improved their appearance. However, I'm looking for something that is more effective and longer-lasting, is minimally invasive, and offers a targeted, natural looking result. I'm 31 and ostensibly young for facelifts, but would a percutaneous cheek lift (midface) help
?"

The problem with percutaneous, barbed stitches cable lifts is that they are yesterday's treatment. After less than 4-5 years they have rapidly proven to be short-lived and associated with asymmetry, palpable or infected sutures and appropriately largely abandoned by real Plastic surgeons.

I truly believe that you would best be served with expert placement of fillers.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Artefil is a grea filler to erase the deep nasolabial fold.

+1

A Face lift will not remove a nasolabial fold crease but injecting Artefil will do a spectacular, immediate and long lasting result. My Nurse Practitioner needed a guinea pig to practice on about 4 years ago. She injected my nasolabial fold creases and the correction still lasts today. In order to have these injections you must first have a test dose and wait a month. This is a good example of why you should go to a Board Certified experienced Plastic Surgeon. It is important for the physician you see to have the ability to recommend in house skin care, talented injection of fillers and fascial surgery. The surgeon needs to be able to tell you what actually will improve or correct your problem area. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Percutaneous Cheek Lift

+1

You are too young for a midface lift. Radiesse, Artefill, Selphyl are injectables thaty can last for 12 months to 2 years. I personally like the Selphyl+ Treatments. 

Cheeklift for aging in 31 year old.

+1

It's probably too soon for this. Radiesse will last 2 years and is quick and very effective and is not invasive.