Percuntaneous Sutureloop Cheeklift?

I had a percuntaneous sutureloop cheeklift a few weeks ago and am wondering if the issues do not resolve how long to wait for revision. The loop has created contour irregularities on one side, aswell as no lift, and even bigger n/l than before, that is wavy when I smile, my smile is also abit lopsided. Would it be best to remove sutures now or wait 3 months? After sutures have been removed how long should I wait to redo? Can I have to sutures removed sooner and then redo at a later date?

Percutaneous suture loop cheeklift

+1

It is far too soon to be assessing the results of your surgery.  This is a conversation you should be having with your surgeon, who likely will advise patience before assessing your final results.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Suture cheeklifts

+1

Your results do not sound impressive.  You should be discussing your concerns with your surgeon.  Hopefully he/she has a reasonable revision policy so you can improve upon your results.

Curtis Wong, MD

Cheeklift with sutures.

+1

This method of cheek suspension can be variable. Discuss with your surgeon. I personally would remove the sutures and use an Endotine device via an eyelid incision to do this as I have since the development of the Endotine for this purpose.

Loop technique for cheek lift

+1

I would definitely talk with your doctor about your issue.

However, the good news is your problem will probably resolve on its own.

The bad news is so will the cheek suspension.

The issue with suspension sutures is that they temporarily elevate tissues but don't achieve a permanent improvement.  Most surgeons believe that you must separate tissues, elevate them to the position you want them to hold (that's the function of sutures, to maintain them there temporarily), and they will heal that way.

Suspension sutures usually 'cut' through the tissues, as the wound remodels, until they become ineffective.

There are several chapters and articles we have written on this subject below if you should have extra time on your hands.

Brent Moelleken, MD