What is Percentage of Complications for 2nd Reduction?

I'm 40DD asymmetrical post reduction 30 years. I'm unable to wear any support bra that causes pressure against ribcage due to multiple fractured ribs in 1996 & costal chondritis so desire reduction to small C. I've sought consults w/ 3 Top Docs. Doc #1 says she can remove 650>R/500>g. Doc# 2 is reluctant to remove desired amt due to possible nipple loss. Doc 3 says most he will reduce is 250g R & 170 L He would leave nipple untouched. Q. Is desired reduction amount too risky? Bellasma

Risks for a repeat reduction

+2

A second reduction can be done but the risks of post-operative problems are certainly higher. If I have a patient requesting a second reduction, I request a copy of the operative report from their first surgery as this can help me plan the second. Even so, the risk of problems with wound healing or nipple loss are higher. Whether this risk is reasonable for you is something you need to be honest with yourself about and discuss with your surgeon. I had one patient who did have a significant healing problem which required revisionary surgery. She ended up considerably smaller than either of us had anticipated. However, she understood the risk and was willing to accept it and so, for her, it all worked out. But it was a much longer recuperation than anticipated and she had an additional surgery. Good luck to you with your decision.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Redo Breast reduction

+1

A repeat breast reduction is possible but an evaluation in person would be the only way for me to say what is possible. Certainly secondary reductions increase the risk of potential nipple issues.