What Percentage of Clients After Liposuction Need Revisions

I was wondering what percentage of clients need revision after liposuction. It has been almost 3 months for me after smart lipo without the laser and I have a small lump in my upper umbilical area. I'm starting to think that this is excess fat that was left in that area. I have being doing Velashape and has help some but is not gone. How much does it cost to have a small revision since the rest of my abdomen is ok. It seems so costly now adding all the other treatments needed after liposuction.

Revision after liposuction is sometimes needed

+3

First, Smartlipo IS laser-assisted liposuction. If you had "Smartlipo without the laser", then you had traditional liposuction.  There's nothing wrong with having traditional liposuction, but if you thought you were getting Smartlipo, then communication with your surgeon was lacking somehow.

Second, revisions are sometimes needed after liposuction.  Typically, they are small touch-ups that can be done in the office under local anesthesia.  I usually charge just a supply fee for the revision (assuming I did the original procedure), and don't charge another surgeon fee.

Percentage of Required Revisions with Liposuction

+2

Regarding: " Percentage of Clients After Liposuction Need Revisions   I was wondering what percentage of clients need revision after liposuction. It has been almost 3 months for me after smart lipo without the laser and I have a small lump in my upper umbilical area. I'm starting to think that this is excess fat that was left in that area. I have being doing Velashape and has help some but is not gone. How much does it cost to have a small revision since the rest of my abdomen is ok. It seems so costly now adding all the other treatments needed after liposuction. "

My liposuction revision rate has been extremely small - way below 5%. While I have the latest laser platform in my office, which could easily be outfitted with a laser liposuction module, I choose NOT to do laser liposuction, including SmartLipo. While the companies are making millions and a lot of surgeon purchased these machines to cash in on the laser craze, NO reliable studies have proven a benefit to the patient.

Dr. Aldea

Smart lipo without the laser is regular liposuction!

+2

A fair number, and this is only an estimate, in the range of 10% undergo liposuction revision. I have a question for you. Since smart lipo requires the use of the laser, how did you undergo smart lipO?

Secondary procedure after liposuction

+1
Approximately 10 percent or more patients benefit by secondary procedures after liposuction. I'm not sure what you mean by smartlipo without the laser.

Ronald Shelton, MD