Percent of TCA Peel for Scars and Stretch Marks?

I was wondering if I could use a TCA Peel on the scar and on some of the stretch marks I still have? If so what % would you recommend?

Be very careful

+1

A chemical peel would not be a first choice for your problem. Stretch mark "removal" is a billion dollar industry with every lotion and potion know to man. That's because none of them really work! Acids are more likely to make the scar/stretch mark worse. These are SCARS - not normal skin. Excision or revision would be my recommendation... Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Chemical peels and laser for stretch marks

+1

Hyperpigmented scars are addressed with a regimented topical cream regimen that I prescribe. Stretch marks can be improved in a qualitative way by performing a chemical peel or laser tightening. The depth of a chemical peel (related to pKa, pH, time and technique of treatment) are more important than the actual strength of the acid. Always go to an experienced chemical peel expert.

TCA peel and Tummy Tuck scars

+1

If you are concerned with the darkening of the scars after tummy tuck then scarguard lightener or hydroquinone may help.  As far as the stretch marks go, short of cutting them out, nothing would help those.